Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

On live even on my elf I used a greater light stone till I got an item with a lighting effect.

Thats for sure.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference is that in all those old dark screen shots you can still see.

On project 1999 when its dark its literally an actual wall of black. Then, when there are light sources they are crazy blown up. It looks bad.
As a human, I remember cr in unrest... All I could see at zi was name tag, nothing else, the screen was pitch black on live...

The issue with the new system is not darkness, it's light stacking... Try a raid in velktor's lab zi... The screen is pure white with people flying in the middle, fighting invisible mobs. Wish I had a screenshot, this is particularly ridiculous.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a human, I remember cr in unrest... All I could see at zi was name tag, nothing else, the screen was pitch black on live...

The issue with the new system is not darkness, it's light stacking... Try a raid in velktor's lab zi... The screen is pure white with people flying in the middle, fighting invisible mobs. Wish I had a screenshot, this is particularly ridiculous.
Turn your gamma way down. Good night 💋
Old 12-18-2020, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

I mained an erudite back then. You were deadass black screen in many situations that you aren't even now, like walking through hallways in cities at nighttime. There's a lot of lighting baked into this client for cities that wasn't feasible to remove for this classic darkness attempt.

So elwing is right, like I mentioned before its the light sources and that stacking that are a problem. The extent of the darkness is intended and appropriate.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference is that in all those old dark screen shots you can still see.

On project 1999 when its dark its literally an actual wall of black. Then, when there are light sources they are crazy blown up. It looks bad.

Those rooms have light sources in the above pic
Old 12-18-2020, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

I think the comments about light stacking are correct and what makes the current black and blown up white feel really messed up.

Like I said, I remember corpse retrievals in black burrow with a halas bound barbarian and going through those mountains was a legitimate ordeal. It really was a situation where you knew a real barbarian because of the harsh climate they had to survive. Vengeful lyricists stalking the darkness and a blind naked man trudging through the snow to the home of his mortal enemy.

Good comments everyone. Because of the deep ugly of the blown up lights I am going to hope that this feature is not enabled on brown99 / red99 2.0 because erudites, barbs, and humans don't really need the extra groin stomp and it makes the game look bad for everyone else too.

Though I agree with and appreciate the intent.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Classic vanilla tox was hardcore.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Thats for sure. You didn't just hug the zone wall for fun you did it because without a wall to guide you you were hopeless.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Thats how I discovered rungupp ;p
Old 12-18-2020, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Target rings were lame but I did regret learning to use spell sets literally days before they removed em from p99 just long enough to regret them going away.
I hear you, played a necro in live to 65. I started on blue about a month before they removed DOT damage. I loved seeing that.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread