Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauvian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove legacy camps on g2.0, put out a vendor that sells the items once or twice a year as a plat dump. Listing for items days at a time is completely unhealthy and unclassic. Sadly we will never recreate that “classic” feel with 22 years of information. Make the cost a function of server wealth.
Not the worst idea.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Every_Elf_With_A_List_Solution_Idea
The solution to elf inequality is redistribution of loot.

I am such a genius for being the first to come up with this novel idea.

I shall go to the forums to share my unique utopian idea with my fellow elves.

They shall wonder in amazement at my creativity.

For I have come up with a solution hitherto none other elf has! And it shall work!

Onward!
Learn your elf history. Study the tomes which have recorded previous list legislation which has been discussed in these great elven halls.

You shall see there is no solution that does not create a bigger problem or violate a key elven principle.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its the last /list camp on green and will be gone sooner or later. I think its to late for changes.
Improvements are still worth consideration for P99 Octarine or whatever comes after green.

It might be the last /list camp on green, it is unlikely to be the last /list camp
Old 08-15-2021, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... SMH
shut up, it's a video game
Old 08-17-2021, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

If you want to have the best items you need to be dedicated. I've used all of my annual leave and done multiple 40+ hour camps to get the items I wanted. Put in the effort if you really want something not everyone can be a winner. See you on green 2.0 ( I get 4 weeks a year off GL)
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 08-17-2021, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

I like it.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

It must feel really rewarding using all of your paid leave earned at a desk chair just to sit at another desk chair and play a video game.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not the worst idea.
The thing is though some servers did have lengthy player run lists (I remember a really long one for Najena JBoots on one server, for example). And generally if you left you were no longer considered part of the list. Certain people did wait on them for days, but it was more rare. And the primary reason it was more rare was because people were super hesitant to do any sort of account sharing at all back then. So you had to do the whole list yourself.

So technically, the idea of a list isn't unclassic, it's just that account sharing allows people to actually complete the list if it's days long.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is though some servers did have lengthy player run lists (I remember a really long one for Najena JBoots on one server, for example). And generally if you left you were no longer considered part of the list. Certain people did wait on them for days, but it was more rare. And the primary reason it was more rare was because people were super hesitant to do any sort of account sharing at all back then. So you had to do the whole list yourself.

So technically, the idea of a list isn't unclassic, it's just that account sharing allows people to actually complete the list if it's days long.
It is unclassic in the sense that the vast, vast majority of servers did not have multi-day lists. I think most reasonable people would agree that in a game with literally hundreds of camps, and more than twenty different live servers ... having a single camp with a single multi-day long line on a single server is not representative.

On virtually every camp in the game, on virtually every server, you were not rewarded for sitting in-game for 24+ hours. To put it another way, for 99.99+% of all classic players' playtime, the game did not reward sitting for days ... and therefore it makes absolutely no sense for our emulation of that game work to reward that activity.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is unclassic in the sense that the vast, vast majority of servers did not have multi-day lists. I think most reasonable people would agree that in a game with literally hundreds of camps, and more than twenty different live servers ... having a single camp with a single multi-day long line on a single server is not representative.

On virtually every camp in the game, on virtually every server, you were not rewarded for sitting in-game for 24+ hours. To put it another way, for 99.99+% of all classic players' playtime, the game did not reward sitting for days ... and therefore it makes absolutely no sense for our emulation of that game work to reward that activity.
I can't really discuss with you because you don't discuss in good faith. You force your opinion out there and then ignore things people say that contradict it. I've had this exact same conversation with you before.

How many servers did you play on in live during the classic era? Because I was CSR on a ton of them in addition to the couple that I played on. And many of those had player made lists for various camps. I wouldn't say there were extensive lists for a thing like Beads, but things like JBoots pre-quest, the AC after, etc. had player made lists on many servers. Often times quite long ones. The only reason that some people didn't spend days on the list was because account sharing wasn't common because people didn't trust each other. If people had trusted each other with their accounts, then you would have seen a character sitting at a camp for days.

As an aside, saying that people didn't sit for more than 24 hours at any camp in the game is crazy talk. Classic EQ is filled with stories of people doing this at certain camps because of how crazy rare some items, spawns, or quest drops were. Think about Hadden and Grimrot as simple examples. Plenty of people have spent more than 24 hours at those camps.

I extensively experienced the majority of EQ's servers in the classic era when combined with CSR and the couple servers I played on. I'm guessing you experienced maybe 5 at absolute most. Quit acting like your experience and opinion is what the rest of classic EQ players experienced. What you experienced is likely not what some other people experienced because it varied by server.
Closed Thread