Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 02:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was no effort for the loot why would anyone play or value it? The value is there because not everyone can get it..

They have tons of pay to win / instanced servers for casual people /nod.

I worked hard for stuff I got and I love that and feel I earned it, tracking, leveling bots, etc to get ahead.

Just letting everyone have the same thing with no effort seems dumb and devalues it all. Let's give everyone a trophy so then it all means nothing..cause we can't have people who win, it might offend someone! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What if a group of guildmates and friends who have never done end game classic(ish rofl) velious before in their lives wanted to raid but had wives and jobs and lives… they cant do it on blue or green but if there was a rotated server they could do it and it would also be challenging and rewarding since they have never done it before. And the people who have no real life could play on the competitive server every day. I think its a real good idea whoever came up with this.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:02 AM
Sarnak

Yendor is right.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:13 PM
Banned

you guys aren't getting it

what's the point of playing on the competitive server if there's a rotation server

DO YOU really think that the GMs want to regulate rotations between like 10 guilds

who all want in on a rotation? people asking for rotations are the same people who don't

even raid. How do we know they can kill these mobs? what if they can't kill it? does

someone get extra mobs? will people get mad over unfair rotations? what if a guild can't

get enough people online to kill a mob in their slot? just leave the mob up?

rotations based server isn't going to work without getting rid of a competitive server

no way it will happen

nilbog and rogean are very very anti rotations

keep dreaming like the red losers

want to raid? join a raiding guild. that simple
Old 10-19-2021, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys aren't getting it

what's the point of playing on the competitive server if there's a rotation server

DO YOU really think that the GMs want to regulate rotations between like 10 guilds

who all want in on a rotation? people asking for rotations are the same people who don't

even raid. How do we know they can kill these mobs? what if they can't kill it? does

someone get extra mobs? will people get mad over unfair rotations? what if a guild can't

get enough people online to kill a mob in their slot? just leave the mob up?

rotations based server isn't going to work without getting rid of a competitive server

no way it will happen

nilbog and rogean are very very anti rotations

keep dreaming like the red losers

want to raid? join a raiding guild. that simple
Terrible structure
Old 10-19-2021, 04:31 PM
Skeleton

Rotations will encourage other guilds grow so they can compete. Use it as a building exercise then remove it!

If a guild cannot kill their target, then teleport it to a random zone and let the server figure it out.

Bonus points if the zone is a populated starting zone so the new players can have something to write home about.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

the answer to yendor's question is that if there was a choice between a competitive server, and a rotated server, too many of the warmbodies in the top guilds would just go enjoy playing laid back EQ on the casual server, and the competitive (lol) guilds would lose their power to dictate how and when people get to slay imaginary pixel dragons with their pixel elf friends.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the answer to yendor's question is that if there was a choice between a competitive server, and a rotated server, too many of the warmbodies in the top guilds would just go enjoy playing laid back EQ on the casual server, and the competitive (lol) guilds would lose their power to dictate how and when people get to slay imaginary pixel dragons with their pixel elf friends.
Competition made sense when there was server firsts, we are 6 years passed anything meaningful. Rotations make sense now, the only reason people still say "competition" is because they werent there when it mattered. Hope that helps.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Competition made sense when there was server firsts, we are 6 years passed anything meaningful. Rotations make sense now, the only reason people still say "competition" is because they werent there when it mattered. Hope that helps.
wait, why you helpin' me? I'm in favor of the rotated server lol.

competing is fun, I won't deny that. nice to have the option, imo.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait, why you helpin' me? I'm in favor of the rotated server lol.

competing is fun, I won't deny that. nice to have the option, imo.
Yea i can read, im adding on to what you said. Theres no need for an option, green was the option and lot didnt take it. Yellow will be the next. Blue should be rotated.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yendor is right.
Closed Thread