Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 09:47 AM
Aviak

Default A Gift from me.

Greetings Citizens of Norrath.

As we all know starting out on p1999 can be a rough time with only a dagger in hand.
I would not be where I am today in the game if it was not for the generous community who helped me out in my early days.

Shout out to Ashon from Anonymous guild. A great player who helped me out in my early days with free gear for my druid Sowgirl.

I would like to give away an Iksar Hide Mask worth 10k to sell in EC for a lucky a new player who could use the extra help.

Please post a message about yourself here. I will randomly choose one of you and announce the winner.

I will be in EC to give you the mask.

Have a wonderful journey.

Sickbastard / Sowgirl - Fires of Heaven
Last edited by HouseTargaryen; 02-25-2017 at 10:12 AM..
Old 02-25-2017, 02:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hello,

Long time EQ player, first time on project 99. I started a shaman who is now at level 5 and something like this would be cool to acquire! Very nice of you to donate back to the community! Good luck to everyone who enters the raffle!
Old 02-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Woot! finally a post after a few hours! I will start the raffle after 10 unique posts from players.

If anyone else knows any new players who could use the help. Give em a shout to reach out on this thread.

first 10 unique posts will start the raffle.
Last edited by HouseTargaryen; 02-25-2017 at 02:34 PM..
Old 02-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Large Bat

New to eq and p99 here. Played a ton of Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2 back in the day though. Super bummed when it shut down so switched to P99 to scratch the itch and have enjoyed it ever since. Currently have a lvl 13 Halfling Rogue and 11 WElf Enchanter. Thanks for being so generous! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ohh it's the iksar illusion mask. I didn't realize that. It wouldn't serve me well as a shaman as I can't use it.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Aviak

dont worry if you cant use it. you can sell it and buy what you need.
enjoy some classic EQ tunnel questing at the infamous East Commonlands Tunnel https://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar_Hide_Mask

8 more spots left in the raffle.
Last edited by HouseTargaryen; 02-25-2017 at 03:04 PM..
Old 02-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Orc

Greetings, I just returned to the game after a couple years and am starting over fresh. The only issue is that this time I have 2 newbies with me. My sister and my girlfriend are starting from scratch with me and its gonna be tough paying for spells, starter gear and ports for all 3 of us for a good while. I can attest this mask would be put to good use and I 110% would pay it forward since 10k is way more than enough to get the 3 of us on our feet. Honestly I would probably sell it and keep half and give away the other 5k in 500 plat chunks to deserving new players. As far as about myself, I played the game way back in 2001 and it has been my favorite game ever since. Whenever I play a buffing class I always buff almost every stranger I pass by without being asked. I always answer questions to those that I can answer and am always willing to lend a helping hand with corpse retrieval's or whatever else I may be capable of. Anyway, I am sure there are those who could use the help just as much. Good luck to the winner and thank you for giving back to the community!

PS: If anyone thinks that due to the age of my account I am just looking for a handout, if you check my post history you will see that there is a recent post gap from 2014 until now. So I am legit starting over fresh. Not to mention I owned just a few cheap caster items on my old account which I am transferring to my new Enchanter for use. So no I am not a completely new player in the sense that I have played before, but I have two BRAND new players I will be supporting this time around.
Last edited by Meanbunny; 02-25-2017 at 03:22 PM..
Old 02-25-2017, 03:27 PM
Aviak

I can relate to that. After I got sorted out by the community. I got my 2 brothers and 2 friends to join the game and I tried to fund for them since i had the head start buying and selling with what I had in EC. 1 year + later we are all level 60 with alts and are good.

Good luck on the raffle

7 more spots left to begin.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

OP why don't you sell the mask and maybe give 3/4/5k or so to different newbs? That would be more than enough I think. Ashon helped when I first started also, I won 2k in a raffle and even 2k was a huge help at the start!
Closed Thread