Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default Druid Charming/Chardok

Ok! I've recently regeared my 60 druid to be a bit tankier to hold up after charm breaks.. With PoTG i'm now-

2144 HP
2794 Mana
865 AC

I know, i'm sure all of you blow my druid out of the water.. I've spent a few weeks finishing some quests on him. Bracer of Hammerfall, Symbol of Tunare. So before i dive back into grinding othmirs and panthers for money... I've read Druids can charm in chardok.. I have 0 experience there.. How fun, or beneficial would this be? Any chance at drops if i do go adventuring there? Or is there nothing but exp, or death there? Just want to try and farm some new stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Druid charming in Chardok is more for group xp if anything. There aren't enough dogs to go around to make it worthwhile for anything else. It may be more appealing after the revamp, but the cash drops aren't going to be that common. Best advice would to be get at least a chanter friend, cleric too would be ideal, and go in there and feel it out. You may be able to get lucky with an SoS, Burnt Wood Staff, SBS, etc., but don't count on it!
Old 11-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Kobold

I've soloed a lot in Chardok on my enchanter and duoed with my druid buddy. On the plus side, his charm seem just as reliable as mine even with my 255 charisma.

On the negative side; manglers aren't super tanky, especially without slow. The are far less common than the sarnaks. They see invis. You'll usually have multiple mobs to cope with. It's a dungeon so you can't harmony. Every inch tends to have a roamer or two. One out four mobs are going to summon.

Crede is right, find an enchanter to partner with. They will appreciate the spot heals, snare, and evac.

Be aware that unlike most zones, succor drops you in melee range of two static mobs. You will get sick of burnt wood staves quickly.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Banned

Dang.. Guess i gotta find some buddies and head over there.. Bummed this zone has been dead since those Proxy pulls ended.. I've yet to get an opportunity to play around in this zone!! Seems to big and deep like the hole is, and that place rocks my socks off.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barm McLir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crede is right, find an enchanter to partner with. They will appreciate the spot heals, snare, and evac.
This. Enchanter/Druid is my favorite duo by far. The amount of synergy between the classes is amazing. You have at least one charmed pet, heals, C, CC, regen, ports, sow, snare, DS, evac, etc. Add charmed animals to the mix, and it's GG. I've duo'd with clerics on my Enc and while it's extremely powerful, it's just not as fun as with a Druid.
Last edited by Crede; 11-06-2018 at 04:18 PM..
Old 11-06-2018, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Enchanter/Druid is my favorite duo by far. The amount of synergy between the classes is amazing. You have at least one charmed pet, heals, C, CC, regen, ports, sow, snare, DS, evac, etc. Add charmed animals to the mix, and it's GG. I've duo'd with clerics on my Enc and while it's extremely powerful, it's just not as fun as with a Druid.

CH on pets with 7k hp + is broken. Not even close.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CH on pets with 7k hp + is broken. Not even close.
Read my post. Didn't say it was more powerful, just that for me it's more fun with 2x charmed pets. Done both up to 60, played all 3 classes. Still prefer Druid/Enc.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Banned

I would rather duo with an enchanter than a cleric myself as well.. Seems more exciting! I've always had fun up in PoM with enchanters!
Closed Thread