Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Default Seeking Input About Potential Change to Class Spell List on Wiki

hey. I've been working a bit on revamping how spells are displayed in the class spell lists but I wanted to get some input from people while I'm going through this process. I've mostly done wizard spells in this scratch space, that I link to below, (levels 1-50). I also did a smattering of necro and shaman spells. Please let me know what you think, particularly changes that might make it better. The better I can get it earlier in the process the less work it will take to revise. If people like it, or if we can come up with tweaks to improve it, i'll work on revising other classes as well. Thanks!

https://wiki.project1999.com/User:Radbeard/Spells
Old 02-05-2019, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

I think the overall idea for providing a quick summary of each spell's effects (with more precision/detail than the current description column) is awesome.

I've already given you my feedback over PM so I won't repeat it, but speaking as a wiki addict myself I just want to commend you for taking the initiative here. I hope everyone offers positive and constructive criticism.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

I always thought the Druid alternate spell list was the best way to do a spell list with it's addition of icons, spell info, and vendor areas, but I'm sure it would be a lot of work to do for every class.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Druid/Spells
Old 02-05-2019, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

I think the druid spell list is the most beautiful one I've seen. In my mind however it eats up too much vertical space for the class list, probably because of the height of the icon (this is just my opinion). Also as a preference I like to be able to quickly scan the "max effect" of spells, because thats just how I use the list. But I don't know how everyone else uses it.

The way i've done things certainly is a reflection of what I value, but I want to do my best to incorporate what other people want out of it.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

I like your version! I hate when the current spell descriptions goes to level 65 in some of it's calculations.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Current version is better and more classic. Your version looks like a boring spreadsheet rather than something mystical.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate when the current spell descriptions goes to level 65 in some of it's calculations.
Amen to that. When I was working on the buff lines page that drove me crazy, and there are probably a bunch of buffs on that page now that are off by a single point because I didn't do the conversion math from 65 down to 60 correctly in my head [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:58 PM
Large Rat

I do prefer the more detailed version myself. I find the old "classic" style is too vague for me. Just my cents.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Look's good , I like it!
Old 02-06-2019, 12:07 AM
Kobold

Do what you like with the wiki styling. People will be to lazy for arguments 98% of the time.