Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 02:09 AM
Skeleton

I approve. I hate the spell lists with the fire of 1000 hot white suns, but I'm also not going to be changing them so I swallow my hate and just do a lot of extra clicking to find the info I want.

The thing that would make it more useful for me is to either have a vendor name or better yet a link to the exact vendor page so when I want to go buy it I don't have to track that info down. I would be happy to go through the spells and provide that info to you so it's not *that* much extra work
Old 02-06-2019, 02:35 AM
Kobold

Looks great, I like it a lot better than the old one. You are hereby nominated to complete the rest for all classes.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks great, I like it a lot better than the old one. You are hereby nominated to complete the rest for all classes.
great! I can't wait to see how big the raise is that comes with this new title.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Orc

+1
Really like having the description of what the spells actually do right there to see without having to click on an additional link to get the details.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen to that. When I was working on the buff lines page that drove me crazy, and there are probably a bunch of buffs on that page now that are off by a single point because I didn't do the conversion math from 65 down to 60 correctly in my head [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very few of them do you need to do the math in your head. Look up the spell on Lucy, go the "history" tab and scroll all the way towards the bottom. If the P99 wiki has the calculations listed for 65 there will almost always be a log on Lucy of something like this (from Forlorn Deeds)

2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Durationtext from 2.9 mins @L57 to 3.0 mins @L60 to 2.9 mins @L57 to 3.3 mins @L65

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhist...12&source=Live
Last edited by Para99; 02-06-2019 at 09:10 AM..
Old 02-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

You need to add the spell slot and it will be good.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very few of them do you need to do the math in your head. Look up the spell on Lucy, go the "history" tab and scroll all the way towards the bottom.
Thanks, that's good to know ... but I'm too lazy to go back and fix everything now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] At worst a few buffs are off by a single point, and if anyone actually notices and cares they can fix it in five seconds (it's a wiki).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileigh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing that would make it more useful for me is to either have a vendor name or better yet a link to the exact vendor page so when I want to go buy it I don't have to track that info down. I would be happy to go through the spells and provide that info to you so it's not *that* much extra work
Here's the problem: some spells are sold by a lot of vendors (eg. most Int Caster have a ton of potential starting cities/places that sell their spells). So if you tried to cram, I dunno, eight or ten lines of vendors into each spell row, that would probably look ugly fast. Although maybe if you just did the city names and separated them with commas instead of separate lines it might work? I'd have to see it in action to have an opinion.

But what could easily work is if there was a separate page that listed all of the vendors in one place, and that page was linked to from the spell list ... and in fact that page already exists: it's the spell page itself! If you just scroll down to the bottom of every spell page it will have a list of vendors that sell the spell, and of course the spell page is linked from the spell list. It's one extra click to find what you want, but that's not too bad.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread