Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Banned

Default Stonebrunt Missing Zone

Today I was exploring Stonebrunt Mountains. I noticed on the map a small little notch looking like a zone or tunnel on the map.. Right at that 2000 mark.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Stonebrunt_Mountains

Is this the entrance to a zone in future expansions? Or was it always just a fancy lit up tunnel entrance blocked off by rocks? Just curious is all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Going by the world map, it should be a zone line to "The Vasty Deep".
Old 04-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Its just a notch
Old 04-04-2019, 04:08 PM
Banned

Says Vasty Deep is a EQ2 Zone? And when I look stonebrunt up on Allakhazam there are 4 zones connected to stonebrunt.

-The Warren's
-Gulf of Gunthak- Which i know the zone in for this is at a boat down by the docks.. Which the boat of course isn't in game
-Guild Hall- Which just doesn't seem right
-Stonebrunt Mountains : Kejek Trials- Instanced zone

None of these seem right.. Which leads me to- "It's just a notch" haha.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Stonebrunt is a mysterious (and usually unpopulated!) zone! I love the dock that leads to nowhere! And the fact that you cannot bind there is pretty ridiculous, at least for anyone unable to run through the Warrens unmolested
Old 04-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Today I was exploring Stonebrunt Mountains. I noticed on the map a small little notch looking like a zone or tunnel on the map.. Right at that 2000 mark.

Is this the entrance to a zone in future expansions? Or was it always just a fancy lit up tunnel entrance blocked off by rocks? Just curious is all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's a cave to nowhere. There are a couple such caves in Stonebrunt. If I were hazarding a guess I imagine when they built the zone they were "future proofing" it for possible additions which ultimately never occurred. There are some other similar pseudo-zonelines throughout the game world, some of which saw eventual use (one in Lake of Ill Omen was eventually used for Veksar), while most never saw anything added.

Danth
Old 04-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stonebrunt is a mysterious (and usually unpopulated!) zone! I love the dock that leads to nowhere! And the fact that you cannot bind there is pretty ridiculous, at least for anyone unable to run through the Warrens unmolested
Haha i brought BigJ there today after finally getting my-
https://wiki.project1999.com/Helm_of_Ridossan

Thought Stonebrunt would be a good place for my SK to fear kite and work on some quests there.. But then I saw i was dubious to the Kerran people. And I can't kill anything to improve faction. Only quests, but they won't speak to me.. That's when i did my walk of shame back to the warren's and stumbled upon this tunnel...
Old 04-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's a cave to nowhere. There are a couple such caves in Stonebrunt. If I were hazarding a guess I imagine when they built the zone they were "future proofing" it for possible additions which ultimately never occurred. There are some other similar pseudo-zonelines throughout the game world, some of which saw eventual use (one in Lake of Ill Omen was eventually used for Veksar), while most never saw anything added.

Danth
I remember the Lake of Ill Omen one. And there is a door at the bottom of the hole that eventually lead to a Plane in a future expansion yeah? Brell's plane? Underfoot?

Anyways, i love this kinda stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Tried to duck and wiggle my way in to see if there was anything hidden behind the rocks, but no luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and sidenote, that dock eventually got a boat in future expansions! Lead to a zone "Gulf of Gunthak".

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread