Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Variance of mobs

Lower the Variance of mobs, and Make server wide announcements when a Raid Mob Spawns
you want to talk about mental health of p99

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 06-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Aviak

just make the mobs instanly respawn again and again until ur sick of it.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lower the Variance of mobs, and Make server wide announcements when a Raid Mob Spawns
you want to talk about mental health of p99
i'd rather talk about how stannis was the one true king of westeros.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

If Rogean truly cared about people's mental health he'd shut this whole place down tomorrow.

We should all be grateful that he doesn't [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'd rather talk about how stannis was the one true king of westeros.
he was good till...... ... .. .

fire.jpg

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 06-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly everything should have a 1-3 hour spawn would fix alot of problems

its 2019
Old 06-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarflord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly everything should have a 1-3 hour spawn would fix alot of problems

its 2019
Right, but it's project 1999.

Really I think the staff should not only automate earthquakes, they should tie them and/or variance to the server's population.

Imagine a script that runs throughout the month that counts the number of active 60s that month (or raid-eligible 45+s, same diff). Now, figure out an approximate number of 60s (or 45+s) on an average live server at the end of the Velious era ... I'm going to guess 700, but I'm sure the devs with all their classic research could come up with a better number.

Now, on live, we got what, an average of two server updates a month? So if our active 60 population is around 700 the server gives us two earthquakes a month, just like live. Our server is perfectly classic.

BUT, if our server has unclassically high number of 60s, it should unclassically adjust itself accordingly. If we have say 1400 active 60s a month, we should get four earthquakes a month. Not classic, but proportionally classic: per player there's still the same number of raid mobs per server.

And then if you wanted to get really fancy you could take fractions (like if we had say 1k active 60s) they could do something to lower/raise the variance rates to similarly spawn a fractional amount more mobs.

It's only a dream, but it seems a hell of a lot more classic and in keeping with what this project is about than instances (which Nilbog also entertained).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please god
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Kobold

CT announces to the entire zone when he spawns, I don't see why other bosses couldn't do the same. Would anything really be lost if you could track raid bosses without having to click your pet track macro every second?
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Get rid of pet track exploit and lower variance
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread