Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll put this post to bed.

If EQ truly was the game the people on this forum nostalgically chalk it up to be, the numbers would show it. As it stands, the amount of people the blue, green, and red servers have in total during peak time is around 2,000 people.

When a game is fun and challenging, there is a player base to back up the success. Talk of what you guys consider skill is moot. As it is, this place is still Rogean's museum and all the players here are akin to civil war reenactment actors to compliment it.
Yes, tuck yourself in, dream of a world with a functioning brain that doesn't operate on logical fallacies.

Thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

WoW isnt a bad game, there is a reason EQ went to shit after its release
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-07-2020, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll put this post to bed.

If EQ truly was the game the people on this forum nostalgically chalk it up to be, the numbers would show it. As it stands, the amount of people the blue, green, and red servers have in total during peak time is around 2,000 people.

When a game is fun and challenging, there is a player base to back up the success. Talk of what you guys consider skill is moot. As it is, this place is still Rogean's museum and all the players here are akin to civil war reenactment actors to compliment it.
p99 with no cash shop from devs without boxing has survived more time than any wow emu server even older than warmane

2k players ona legacy eq server was a crowded as fuck one.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet if you took 10 p99 raiders that never played wow

and 10 wow raiders that never played EQ

Swapped their log in info's

made the 10 wow players raid the top 3rd expansion everquest zone
Make the 10 p99 raiders raid the top 3rd expansino WOW zone

The p99 raiders would be finished quicker and with less deaths.
idk i finished nya mythic before covid pandemic outbreak most original high tier raidin guilds in wow were ex eq player based ones .

in wow gettin to high end stuff was easy as fuck in eq was hard as fuck untill lost dungueons of norrath
Old 08-07-2020, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warcraft has a generally sensible difficulty curve. It starts out easy and slowly grows tougher, albeit its maximum difficulty is not particularly great except in a few very specific areas. For the most part Blizzard does not want an overly difficult game; players who quit in frustration represent lost revenue. Content that proves difficult is almost invariably made easier, such as the original walled version of "Andorhol" which was quickly removed due to complaints as well as the original versions of both Stratholme and Scholomance, both of which were heavily nerfed. For the most part "WoW classic" gets the easymode versions from the start, further increasing the perception of Warcraft as an easy game overall. Forgotten is that Warcraft does actually have a minimum "floor" and it is difficult for outright terrible or AFK players to get very far.

EQ's difficulty is certainly there--but it's all out of whack, with the high-end being generally the easiest and safest part of the game. The lack of instancing makes difficulty hard to enforce. Some newbie trying to brave the depths of Blackburrow risks all of what little he has with a high chance of meeting a quick and bad end. At the other end of the game, legions of lazy coattail-riders AFK their way to victory whilst tabbed out watching YouTube because the game allows guilds to "zerg" down content with many times the number of players the content is designed for. Difficulty is there even at the "end" of EQ--but players have to actively seek it. Many don't. EQ allows for a lot of space for player growth and for pushing the limit but most of the best players will hang out solo or duo/trio and not really be seen all that much for anyone to notice them unless they like making videos.

I don't necessarily call EQ a hard game, but I call it a game that has a much less consistent difficulty level than what Warcraft offers. EQ can be either harder or easier than Warcraft depending on the motivation or timidity of the player in question.

Danth
i agree with you but want to add than eq allowed to more thinkin outta the box than wow .
To give u a example , Eq first aow kill, lots of guilds tried the conventional gear up , when it failed people went creative and tinekred with other options wich ended with the frozen moses strategy .

the only instance in wow when something similar happened was with muru in sunwell with locks charming daemons for the kill, i dont recall other instance on raidin bosses where it wasnt a matter of gear up and move from a to b to c
Old 08-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

EQ is harder, because if you want to solo in eq as an enchanter you will die 500 times, and that wont happen in wow.

Yall forget how much you fail in this game because failing is part of winning.

Its not easier its definitly a harder game, its just you've put the work into p99

If I play the first 3 expansions of wow, I think its vastly easier than the first 3 expansions of EQ and I regularly play them both.

It's extremely easy to get to 60 in wow doing regular content without dying, but its almost impossible to do that in eq, even if you're playing it safe.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW isnt a bad game, there is a reason EQ went to shit after its release
I'd also attribute that to the cartoony graphics and a very large fanbase from their RTS games. Also, WoW stood on EQ's shoulders as EQ stood on UO's shoulders. They both didn't start out with their feet on the ground level so comparing them as such doesn't really work all that great. (Not trying to argue with you, just giving more depth to your statement.)

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-07-2020, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Green is Barrens chat on a PvE roleplaying server.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Raiders be like, "I stood there with faction for 16 hours and then we solo pulled the mob" means this game is easy.

The raid mobs in this game are poorly designed, but that doesn't make wow more difficult.

I could go on for 500 more pages.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warcraft has a generally sensible difficulty curve. It starts out easy and slowly grows tougher, albeit its maximum difficulty is not particularly great except in a few very specific areas.
Less than 1% of WoW players complete raids on Mythic difficulty, and an even smaller % reach Gladiator in PVP. This isn't because people don't desperately try to reach that status, it's because it's simply too challenging.
Closed Thread