Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-06-2020, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

Default Enchanter pet has too much HP

Enchanter summoned pets had low ability to tank. On P99 low level enchanter pets seem about as good as mage/necro pets. Level 4-12 enchanter pet should not be able to tank and solo an even con as they can here. They were extremely weak on taking damage and were almost a short "shield" spell which matches the chosen model used for it. Even up to level 30 I'm seeing my summoned pet solo blue mobs.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/whitewi...ChantGuide.htm

"Your first pet spell. Strategy and tactics with pets will be discussed later. Requires 1 Tiny Dagger as a spell component, and your pet is a rogue. Hits for decent damage with low delay, but has weak HP. They don't tank well--and can never be commanded. "

"I don't know the hit points of your pet, but it's never good, so don't rely on your pet to take damage for you very long."

"Summons new animation. 2 Tiny Daggers required, hits harder now, has some more HP's, still no tank. (Little hint... without help, it will never be a tank.)"

"This animation hits for 10 to 14 damage now, and I'm not sure what levels they summon as--anyone want to offer that--and Bashes. Getting to be very good at shelling out fast damage."
Old 10-06-2020, 07:18 AM
Kobold

If you think they have too many hps you should find some in era evidence of how many hps they should have. I would guess p99 is close to the values on the wiki http://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Enchanter_Pets

If you think those values are wrong then find evidence to support that. I would think if you spent some time with the web archive you might find an in era table of enchanter pet health somewhere. Otherwise you are just asking the devs to blindly reduce hps, how much should they be reduced? 5%? 10%? 30%? There is really no way to turn the vague quotes you have into a number.

Personally I feel like they are fine at least up to 24 as they fit with my memories from playing in 1999. Many people back then didn't know how to tell if they had a max level pet so a lot of those comments are just a function of how much worse low level pets are.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

These are the HP values for worry wraith pets in fearplane from Zone-NPC-List-Level.xls, looks like 44th and 49th circles?

Telin or Nilbog can match these up against real pet hp.

Maybe there are other zones with enchanters / pets that I could get lower level pet info from. Not sure off the top of my head.

(This file also has hp values for necro / mage / sk pets, could be useful )

https://web.archive.org/web/20010614...List-Level.zip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg enchanter pet hp.jpg (19.1 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-06-2020 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Looking at that list Telin, I think I know why we see duplicate pets.

Whoever made this sheet was running an Excel macro to fold all the 00, 01, 02 etc NPC names into a single grouping. We can see the result in the worry_wraith pets up above: all the pets were folded into a single 'a_worry_wraith_pet' entry and Count was incremented accordingly. This worked fine for most NPCs, but macro kept the individual entries for pets though, because it was coded badly / broken.

In zones where there were lots of pets for a single NPC, you end up with an overall grouping with the sum count of all the pets (like here, for the glare lords).

In zones where there was only a single mob and a single pet, you end up with a 00 of the pet and a grouping for the pet, so two.

That solves the duplicate pets mystery I think.
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-06-2020 at 09:41 AM..
Old 10-06-2020, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Mynthi Davissi in Mistmoore had their 29th circle enchanter pet captured in the sheet. It was 25th level with 442hp.

Evil eye pets in beholder were also captured. A pet of level 15 had 229/230hp (interesting difference between Syrkl and regular eyes), and pet of level 16 had 249hp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg enchanter pet hp 2.jpg (21.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg enchanter pet hp 3.jpg (22.5 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-06-2020 at 05:44 PM..
Old 10-06-2020, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mynthi Davissi in Mistmoore had their 29th circle enchanter pet captured in the sheet. It was 25th level with 442hp.

Evil eye pets in beholder were also captured. A pet of level 15 had 229/230hp (interesting difference between Syrkl and regular eyes), and pet of level 16 had 249hp.
From Wiki page above...

Quote:
Uleen's Animation 29 22-26 675-850
Data shows 442, on P99 it's about twice that.

Quote:
Shalee's Animation 16 12-16 280-350
Level 16 pet is too high as well going on the wiki vs this data provided.

Same for 44 or 49. Like I said, Enchanter pets are way too beefy on P99.
Last edited by azxten; 10-06-2020 at 09:28 PM..
Old 10-07-2020, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Data seems pretty sketchy.

Why does a level 7 froglok necro pet have 188 hp while a level 7 necro apprentice pet in befallen has 170?

There are goblin magician pets at level 14 in najena with 210 hp while level 14 necro pets in the exact same dungeon have 380?

How does that work?
Old 10-07-2020, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does a level 7 froglok necro pet have 188 hp while a level 7 necro apprentice pet in befallen has 170?
Good question, I've seen these slight differences across zones too with the same pet types and same pet levels. It could just be a data error, but it's also possible that different zones might have had different NPC HP scaling settings (a per-dungeon difficulty setting perhaps?). Going to look at this a little deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are goblin magician pets at level 14 in najena with 210 hp while level 14 necro pets in the exact same dungeon have 380?

How does that work?
Because they're fire pets.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good question, I've seen these slight differences across zones too with the same pet types and same pet levels. It could just be a data error, but it's also possible that different zones might have had different NPC HP scaling settings (a per-dungeon difficulty setting perhaps?). Going to look at this a little deeper.

Because they're fire pets.
They might be, but it doesn't explain the necromancer pets. If the wiki is to be trusted, a level14 necro pet shouldnt come anywhere near 380.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:21 AM
Sarnak

The data also shows glare lords summoning level 20 pets.

And forsaken revenants summoning level 21.
Last edited by axisofebola; 10-07-2020 at 05:36 AM..