Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the No Boxing Rule?
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay. 220 74.58%
I think it should be removed. 58 19.66%
It wouldn't affect me either way. 17 5.76%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

No boxing. Not ever.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

voted no.

I have boxed before I live servers in the past few years because I was so far below the average level of the server. I do admit that being able to easily transfer gear and coins would be a benefit, but anything that would further degrade the socialization (grouping) would be bad.

Even if you box , you are still soloing. I have always said (out loud too) that I cannot understand why people would play an MMO and not want to group. Its like going to great Italian restaurant and ordering a hotdog, why go in the first place. Anyway, here is my analysis of the LFG situation. Often we have all seen multiple people LFGing in chat that are in range of each other and would make a good group. Heck, there is even people who speak up and points it out, by saying something like" hey Bob, joe, martha , and Jill, you are all LFG why not start one?"

Here is why I think they dont a lot of times. I have noticed that if I say, "level 12 rogue LFG", I get fewer offers than if I say, "level 12 rogue starting an oasis group please send a tell if you want to join." When I do the latter I ALWAYS get more responses than the former. This has happened in about every MMO Ive played. In LOTRO its kind of the way most people form PUG's. 2/6 LFM..blah blah. Ive seen this used a lot here too. I feel that here, there are some people who just dont want to be the one who takes the lead and actually starts the group. Maybe people are shy of that responsibility or just are uncomfortable with the invite/grouping mechanics, so they stay silent when they see someone LFG, even though they might be in the same zone and of the correct level.

sorry for rambling...

BTW, to the folks who created this server and work hard for no money/reward....this is the most fun I have had in MMO in over 3 years.

Thank you,

Greg
Old 02-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW, to the folks who created this server and work hard for no money/reward....this is the most fun I have had in MMO in over 3 years.

Thank you,

Greg
Yeah, completely agree
Old 02-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Aviak

No..then this server would be no different than the other ones. EQ is hard and should be hard. Boxing will mess everything up. People will make chars like monk/shaman and then level up never grouping with anyone and then go camp and get what ever they wont.. the economy and the community will crash .. :-/
Old 02-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Kobold

DO NOT EVER allow boxing! It will turn into another little anti-social game where everyone and their dog has their own porter, healer, tank, slower, whatever and just sits in the corner of a dungeon by themselves and farms all day. It's EXACTLY what has happened in EQLive with boxing and mercenaries, it's completely anti-social. If it wasn't for raiding, guilds would have no reason to exist on EQLive with the current state of the game.

I just found out about this server and I honestly think its very hard and that is what classic was. Just because you have to actively be social and ask for groups or try to make friends doesn't mean you need to box. It's how the game is/was/forever will be meant to be played.

This server is succeeding for a reason, its unique and the rules are enforced, almost to the point of being EQLive quality or better. Stand firm with your rules, they are perfect and really give people a reason to play here since "The Company" has seemed to have completely forgotten the idea of ever coming out with a Progression server. I think that idea is forever dead in the water and because of that people will be looking for alternatives.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Kobold

I would like to add that the cons of boxing far outweigh the pros. The only reason anyone would support multi boxing is for the benefit of themselves and to the detriment of the community, which is very selfish.

If any pro-boxer has a valid argument that differs from my opinion please speak up but I think you will have a very hard time arguing your point if it can be met with the response of "that's selfish".
Last edited by Myth; 02-07-2010 at 10:02 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Kobold

Many people already 2 box on this server. It is pretty obvious when you are grouping with someone doing so. Seems a lot of people with an "IP Exemption" sure do seem to have very quiet/mentally slow "wife's" or "younger brothers". I say we gather up all current illegal dual boxers and drown em in some lava.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Aviak

One of the great things about this server is the fact that you have to interact with other people to get things done. I don't really want every camp in the game to just be 1 person 2+ boxing or PLing their alts.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Aviak

Now does this non-boxing affect those of us who have a family with 3 computers all networked together? We noticed that only one of us can log in to the game at a time, so we are unable to actually play together [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is there a way that we can all play at the same time?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Petition section of the forums.

Post a request for an IP exemption for you and whoever else wishes to play simultaneously.
Closed Thread