Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

monster /shout name of first to engage.. nuff said.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate you bolstering my point by ignoring the meat of what I wrote and trying to divert attention from the real problem. Wonderfully self aware of you and not at all what I was referring to.
The lack of response to the rest of your post does not mean I ignored it. I simply had nothing to add or respond to. Can't see past your own little jabs can you?

The first post i made was a response to the QQ that ill informed people were making.

The response to you was personal, as you made it personal.

The main point of this thread has been done to death, it does not warrant a full response of it's own. There is a forum search function after all.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Kobold

shout fte is a good start to keep gm's from being tied up with this junk... but after being to some of these guild camp on spawn raids fte kinda allows 1 person to get fte with all his buddies sleeping while everyone else does the work. mob is half dead before anyone is awake at keyboards. maybe you should need 10 or 15 of your guild on the hate list for a fte to be called. /who lists don't tell you anything about who is actually in the area or at the zone in.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned

The degredation of the first to engage rule is its own problem. For example:

Throwing a javelin at a mob when your force isnt even in zone but you see the other guild is about to pull. You think "ha, I'll throw my javelin as they are about to engage and if I get on the agro list first I can get a cheap victory even tho we got beat to the mob".

or
I'm a SK, so I'll have my pet on spawn and be FD. If some other guild appears to be about to engage I'll stand up real quick just to get a cheap FTE no matter how ready my guild. The action either serves its purpose for a cheap FTE, or it trains the mob over the force that is about to pull, or you try to kite it around while your force mobilizes....

or
I got a real cute eyeball trick where I make an eyeball, FD, send this eyeball past a bunch of mobs, stand up when its at Inny's feet because I see there is another guild trying to pull with a force of 40 in zone while I only have 7. I can pull this mob past their camp with a huge ass train, and even if someone picks the mob out of the train for FTE, its still mine because I am running to the zone in to train everyone there with all the mobs in the zone.

I mean, what happened to the Draco rule? That if you are kiting around a bunch of mobs with draco in the mix, that doesn't count as an engage - the team that pulls draco out of the train and into a camp with theforce to kill it was the team with FTE. Shouldn't that apply to the Inny pull where you are kiting Inny + 30 mobs to the zone in but someone else pulled Inny out of your train?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shout fte is a good start to keep gm's from being tied up with this junk... but after being to some of these guild camp on spawn raids fte kinda allows 1 person to get fte with all his buddies sleeping while everyone else does the work. mob is half dead before anyone is awake at keyboards. maybe you should need 10 or 15 of your guild on the hate list for a fte to be called. /who lists don't tell you anything about who is actually in the area or at the zone in.
would be simple enough.. if your guild isn't FTE just disengage and wait for wipe

then take your shot.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean, what happened to the Draco rule? That if you are kiting around a bunch of mobs with draco in the mix, that doesn't count as an engage - the team that pulls draco out of the train and into a camp with theforce to kill it was the team with FTE. Shouldn't that apply to the Inny pull where you are kiting Inny + 30 mobs to the zone in but someone else pulled Inny out of your train?
seems that results in a 1 week suspension.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems that results in a 1 week suspension.
Referring to last draco I presume..

The way I understand it: IB/VD had a large force in fear, kited a train of mobs, tagged draco to bring to camp. meanwhile 1 TMO guy in zone, overagros draco and proceeds to run him north to cause a wipe on IB/VD by agroing temple mobs in order to buy time for TMO's raid force to get to fear.

Raid interference, he is lucky only 1 week suspended.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The degredation of the first to engage rule is its own problem. For example:

Throwing a javelin at a mob when your force isnt even in zone but you see the other guild is about to pull. You think "ha, I'll throw my javelin as they are about to engage and if I get on the agro list first I can get a cheap victory even tho we got beat to the mob".

or
I'm a SK, so I'll have my pet on spawn and be FD. If some other guild appears to be about to engage I'll stand up real quick just to get a cheap FTE no matter how ready my guild. The action either serves its purpose for a cheap FTE, or it trains the mob over the force that is about to pull, or you try to kite it around while your force mobilizes....

or
I got a real cute eyeball trick where I make an eyeball, FD, send this eyeball past a bunch of mobs, stand up when its at Inny's feet because I see there is another guild trying to pull with a force of 40 in zone while I only have 7. I can pull this mob past their camp with a huge ass train, and even if someone picks the mob out of the train for FTE, its still mine because I am running to the zone in to train everyone there with all the mobs in the zone.
Exactly, it's a ridiculous rule. It should be "first to damage until it summons". Good luck kiting it then.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Referring to last draco I presume..

The way I understand it: IB/VD had a large force in fear, kited a train of mobs, tagged draco to bring to camp. meanwhile 1 TMO guy in zone, overagros draco and proceeds to run him north to cause a wipe on IB/VD by agroing temple mobs in order to buy time for TMO's raid force to get to fear.

Raid interference, he is lucky only 1 week suspended.
I think it is pretty clear if VD loses a mob to another guild, they are going to complain about something.

Eye fte = omg exploit
Pulling to camp when camp is empty = omg exploit
tagging a mob being kited = omg exploit
FDing with a pet for fte = omg exploit

BTW, most (if not all) of this has been done by both tmo and ib. Welcome to raiding, random VD member #430382.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Banned

Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.

Mob loot gets flipped between raid guilds almost every spawn yet somehow three days can't go by without you guys screaming foul on the forums or texting Amelinda in the middle of the night. That's pathetic.
Closed Thread