Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the solution you want, would require a custom server for sure, but something like making almost all high end items no drops, but making better trades killed gear across all levels to keep the economy going, or maki g players rely more on getting high end materials for use in trades killed.
I'd probably disable multi questing which allows $$$ pharmers to lock down $$$ camps for $$$. Or limit it in some way.

As we all know project 1999 is a custom server so most of these changes are fairly straight forward if there was a desire to try to make not just a technically similar to everquest live in 1999 server but also a server with a good community. As P99 popularity has remained robust, the people that play it for a living change the nature of the game economy and the gaps in the founding fathers thinking are rearing their heads.

Today we officially know what a 2020+ classic TLP server looks like. It looks NOT FUN. So what do we do? Never launch another server? Or launch a server with customization?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Today we officially know what a 2020+ classic TLP server looks like. It looks NOT FUN. So what do we do? Never launch another server? Or launch a server with customization?
about 2 weeks ago when I started here I also paid $15 to check out Aradune, newest truebox TLP live server

While P99 may have little chatter about grouping in newbie zones, at least there ARE still noobs in newbie zones. When I was leveling in gfay on P99, the zone almost always had 10-20 people in it

Guess how many on Aradune gfaydark during primetime? Zero...
Old 02-12-2021, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd probably disable multi questing which allows $$$ pharmers to lock down $$$ camps for $$$. Or limit it in some way.

As we all know project 1999 is a custom server so most of these changes are fairly straight forward if there was a desire to try to make not just a technically similar to everquest live in 1999 server but also a server with a good community. As P99 popularity has remained robust, the people that play it for a living change the nature of the game economy and the gaps in the founding fathers thinking are rearing their heads.

P99 is a custom server. The nearly 2x exp rate here compared to live classic is a big part of the problem. People quickly stack up at max level, level alts, PL, etc. The ease of playing here diminishes the leveling experience significantly. I keep saying it. Nerf ZEM back to classic rates, fix channeling so spell casting in combat is hard, and nerf Enchanter to stop their charmed pets from carrying groups. Game will be 10x closer to the classic experience.

This doesn't seem to be the goal though. When Green launched and it was "crowded" they launched a new server. Population was 1/3 of what a live server was. This is why P99 feels so lonely. Anytime there is any kind of contesting of camps or people rubbing elbows the staff rushes to "fix" it when this was always a core part of EQ. You would login in LGuk, ask to get a group for an hour as all 50 people in zone ignored you because all camps were taken by full groups, eventually get frustrated and look for something elsewhere.

The overcrowding was a feature not a bug. Having friends who can get you into groups, being able to ask people what it's like in other zones, arguing with other people over mobs, finding that good exp camp available, a challenging leveling experience where grouping made sense, that was all part of what made things fun.

The whole Teal/Green instance debacle and fast newb spawn rates shows P99 is far from classic. Green is literally an instanced server. You had two manastone camps and so on merged back into one economy which only happened on live when a server was dying at the end of the game's life. Totally fucks the economy and players. All done to avoid "overcrowding." Blows my mind still.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:40 PM
Skeleton

any source for the 2x exp rate on green?
Old 02-12-2021, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

50+ can be tricky to find PUGs. People like to keep numbers down to maximize XP. Pretty much Enchanter is the only exception to this rule as they can find groups anywhere, but they also need groups the least so womp womp waaaaaah
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-12-2021, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

I've been arguing for that for ages myself. At the very least it'd fix the stupid AC camp.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by battins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any source for the 2x exp rate on green?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=343193

Quote:
ZEM (Zone experience multiplier)

most outdoor zones: 75
most dungeons: 80
some kunark/velious dungeons: 85
underused zones (kedge, hole): 100
regardless of zone, lvl 1-6 you get a ZEM of 100
https://wiki.project1999.com/Recomme...s_and_ZEM_List

Permafrost at 170 is the near double rate. You can see many other zones are >100 while apparently classic had no zone over 100 and most were 75-85.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=343193

https://wiki.project1999.com/Recomme...s_and_ZEM_List

Permafrost at 170 is the near double rate. You can see many other zones are >100 while apparently classic had no zone over 100 and most were 75-85.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Page You Cited
The values on this page are speculative.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

I mean, I'm killing greens right now in my 30s getting exp like I'm level 10 or something. It might not be exact values but it's pretty obvious the exp rates are higher than classic. Sure, I could be wrong. I don't see how a green mob is giving me about 1/6th a yellow though without higher than normal zem.

I remember in live playing all day soloing through and only maybe getting 1 level in my 20s but on P99 I just got 2 levels in a day of casual playing in my 30s. Could be the same crowding situation, on live you wouldn't find a dungeon empty and ready for you to solo everything you want so the constraint may have just been poor camps.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:19 PM
Banned

maybe you got gud after 20 years?
Closed Thread