Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not a big fan of velious. I love kunark and luclin though. Great cardnal map design on those. The weird velious linear pilgrimage design is silly
Old 02-16-2021, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what will release first the new got book or pantheon?
Half Life 3
Old 02-16-2021, 10:03 AM
Orc

Holgresh elder beads, then i win EQ.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

I'm looking forward to the new /drama posts in the R&F forum when Velious drops.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles ban appeal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
post velious server merge
Shouldn't happen for a long while.

I wouldn't expect velious to drop on time either way, we didn't even get new dragons or epic yet.
Last edited by Bach; 02-16-2021 at 11:45 AM..
Old 02-16-2021, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Looking forward to so much with this expansion. Ring & shawl quests are amazing and fun, very memorable. Looking forward to finally getting a shot at soloing a WW dragon with my fancy torp shaman. Armor quests, canni 4, bear form. So much to look forward to!
Old 02-16-2021, 01:20 PM
Banned

There seems to be a noticeable lack of low level knights on Green server. In my entire 23 levels I have only seen 1 single troll SK, and no paladins or other SK’s in any lowbie zone I’ve been in. It’s all the soloist classes (Dru Nec Shm Mag Enc), a lot of bards, and surprisingly some rangers. But no knights anywhere

I’m wondering if a reason for this is that there is some 2h penalty on Green in addition to the hybrid exp penalty? Although the exp penalty doesn’t seem to deter the new rangers. I’m wondering if, as soon as velious hits on Green, that the 2h damage table gets improved??
Old 02-16-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m wondering if, as soon as velious hits on Green, that the 2h damage table gets improved??
No, the knight damage table and 2H damage bonus improvement does NOT occur right away with Velious launch. In fact the change happens much later on, at roughly similar time (fall '01) as the Chardok revamp--meaning at nearly the end of Green's life cycle as a progression server. The class experience penalties are removed sooner, but still a couple months after Velious opens.

Other things to look forward to:

--Drama surrounding the Sleeper
--Questions of what to do with a lifetime-expired progression server
--Players who migrate to the next progression server lambasting those who stay with Green

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-16-2021 at 01:55 PM..
Old 02-16-2021, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the knight damage table and 2H damage bonus improvement does NOT occur right away with Velious launch. In fact the change happens much later on, at roughly similar time (fall '01) as the Chardok revamp--meaning at nearly the end of Green's life cycle as a progression server. The class experience penalties are removed sooner, but still a couple months after Velious opens.

Other things to look forward to:

--Drama surrounding the Sleeper
--Questions of what to do with a lifetime-expired progression server
--Players who migrate to the next progression server lambasting those who stay with Green

Danth
Wow that kinda sucks. I guess it gives me lots more time to save up for a future twink troll sk I always wanted to make. There will be a new progression server? So P99 is going to make the same mistake sony and daybreak does by fracturing their playerbase 15+ different ways with endless new TLP’s? Maybe I’ll just switch to live TLP when the next p99 server comes out, since it’ll be basically the same thing at that point :/
Old 02-16-2021, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow that kinda sucks. I guess it gives me lots more time to save up for a future twink troll sk I always wanted to make. There will be a new progression server? So P99 is going to make the same mistake sony and daybreak does by fracturing their playerbase 15+ different ways with endless new TLP’s? Maybe I’ll just switch to live TLP when the next p99 server comes out, since it’ll be basically the same thing at that point :/
I think something that is, especially lately, misunderstood about this server is that it is a Classic -> Velious museum.

I assume Nilbog and Rogean LOVE that people play here.

But I don't think they need a playerbase greater than even 1 raid force (< 50 people) to experience it to fulfill its purpose.
Closed Thread