Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-08-2021, 11:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hello, I read the rules and one thing that isn't clear to me. I'm at a camp some one is camping. He left to go sell. I always thought that was giving up the camp but he said that because he said in ooc that it saves his camp. I asked him about it and he says "it's an unwritten rule". Is he right that the ooc held his camp or am I right that him going and selling is giving up the camp. Thank you for your help.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:03 PM
Large Rat

Thumbs down Really dumb naming rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis)."

For real? Sounds like some admin power trip bull.

YuO CaNt Be NaMeD DaRtHvAdEr!!!
Old 06-03-2022, 08:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Creativity should not be manifested by arrows, but by the ability to press buttons))
Old 06-05-2022, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorGrind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis)."

For real? Sounds like some admin power trip bull.

YuO CaNt Be NaMeD DaRtHvAdEr!!!
every name is fine until some karen reports you, and you aren't "in" with the devs

there are thousands of character names, even those lvl 60 in raid guilds that exceed the naming standards set by staff.

you only get your name nerfed if you aren't one of that clicky group.

like everything else in life, p99 is a popularity contest. end game raiders have been caught red handed, live streaming their boxing and other rule breaks, and nothing happens to them.

there is some magic donating amount where your bad actions, (boxing, duping, exploiting, being a general asshat) will never, ever be punished.

or other shit like daybreak people that play p99 have a greater rule over p99 than the devs do.

Yes, you heard it right. Daybreak personnel cannot be banned from p99.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every name is fine until some karen reports you, and you aren't "in" with the devs

there are thousands of character names, even those lvl 60 in raid guilds that exceed the naming standards set by staff.

you only get your name nerfed if you aren't one of that clicky group.

like everything else in life, p99 is a popularity contest. end game raiders have been caught red handed, live streaming their boxing and other rule breaks, and nothing happens to them.

there is some magic donating amount where your bad actions, (boxing, duping, exploiting, being a general asshat) will never, ever be punished.

or other shit like daybreak people that play p99 have a greater rule over p99 than the devs do.

Yes, you heard it right. Daybreak personnel cannot be banned from p99.
I think my favorite raider story involved furour. Stole an old guild bot,boxed it to train raids one day. Didn't get banned because he was "having a bad day". I think they banner the bot he stole lol
Old 06-16-2022, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've drop traded puppet strings to myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's CrAzY! I meanwhile drop traded CoS and Thex Dagger and some Thurgadin temper about 6 months ago and LOST IT ALL DUE TO DAMN CRASHES!

Still waiting on that refund. /shrug some people have ALL the luck and others, NONE!
Old 06-25-2022, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's CrAzY! I meanwhile drop traded CoS and Thex Dagger and some Thurgadin temper about 6 months ago and LOST IT ALL DUE TO DAMN CRASHES!

Still waiting on that refund. /shrug some people have ALL the luck and others, NONE!
just don’t do that with puppet strings!
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 08-27-2022, 02:04 PM
Skeleton

Is there a list of Green approved UIs?
Old 09-13-2022, 02:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, I read the rules and one thing that isn't clear to me. I'm at a camp some one is camping. He left to go sell. I always thought that was giving up the camp but he said that because he said in ooc that it saves his camp. I asked him about it and he says "it's an unwritten rule". Is he right that the ooc held his camp or am I right that him going and selling is giving up the camp. Thank you for your help.
That seems pretty bogus. If you leave the camp, I think you give up the camp. I can promise you I will never bother another players camp, but if they get up and leave then the next player waiting gets it.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anrath Bonewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That seems pretty bogus. If you leave the camp, I think you give up the camp. I can promise you I will never bother another players camp, but if they get up and leave then the next player waiting gets it.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules#General_Rules

In short, you can absolutely leave a camp, sell, and come back (keeping your camp) ... as long as you don't leave the zone and you make it back from selling before the mob respawns.

Essentially once you kill a mob, its respawn is your's ... unless you leave the zone or die.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.