Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Default Why is Mistmoore so much less active than Unrest?

I started on Green here in July and brought two characters through the 20’s so far, a Bard that I mainly duo swarmed on with a relative of mine, and my Enchanter which I play as my actual main when he’s not around.

At the start of the XP weekend Mistmoore had really solid grouping and I had a blast there, but since Saturday night the zone has been dead while Unrest is swarmed with people. I get that Unrest is pretty nutty XP in a good group at the right camps, but Mistmoore honestly was similarly amazing and IMO is a more fun, interesting, and expansive zone with more variety of play.

Is there a meta reason Mistmoore is so hit or miss? Is Unrest just better XP in a maximized condition (full group of competent players)?

Anyway, hoping to see more people in Mistmoore today when I get home from work to conclude the Xp event. Maybe I’m in a minority but I so much prefer playing there than Unrest, it’s just such a cool zone.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

The experience modifier is quite a bit highet in Unrest. Probably why.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Longer respawn timer, worse exp modifier, essentially only two camps because nobody has the balls to go in the castle or the castle cash camps are locked down by higher levels, groups are more often twinked in better than classic gear, so mobs die faster, which means they'll run out of mobs faster. I'm just guessing, but probably near enough the mark.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:27 AM
Kobold

A lot of casters in MM, less in unrest.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 09-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Should’ve checked the ZEM again, I actually thought they were the same. That does explain it. Although it’s not something I noticed doing both lately, I’ve gotten some extremely fast XP in Mistmoore especially this weekend.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:24 PM
Banned

because the zone has like a bajillion casters in it

and some people don't want to ruin the faction there
Old 09-06-2021, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Its very prone to trains, and the pathing has only gotten worse over the past couple years. It was previously a very popular spot on blue. There's also been the ZEM increases in Paw and CT which can help cover the 30 - 40 level range which used to be Mistmoore's biggest grouping niche. For the 20's near the entrance or graveyard it was always inferior to other ZEM's anyway and its not particularly convenient for many races in the first place.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutDF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should’ve checked the ZEM again, I actually thought they were the same. That does explain it. Although it’s not something I noticed doing both lately, I’ve gotten some extremely fast XP in Mistmoore especially this weekend.
Yeah, ZEM isn't everything. If you're fighting for mobs in unrest with a bunch of other groups, but have infinite mobs to pull in MM, you can prob level faster in MM. More xp hits at a lower value will often equal more total xp.

I'd say, if Unrest is fairly open, go there. If it's crowded, MM can be a good backup. Convincing other people to go though, is the tough part. Some people really can't see past the ZEM #.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people really can't see past the ZEM #.
this, but i would upgrade some to: Most

if the Hole ZEM switched to somewhere else, 10 minutes later it would be a ghost town (haha get it?)
Old 09-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Banned

"given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game" - Soren Johnson

This and what I took as greediness are the reasons I no longer play P99. But I do still check the board weekly, because I do still have the addiction, just no where to satisfy it.
Last edited by bomaroast; 09-07-2021 at 01:02 PM..
Closed Thread