Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now you're being mean.

I expected this SSD to last longer than 3 years, 3 years wasn't so bad tho.

I could sell the case, PSU, card, and CPU, GPU and water cooler for $400 ez. So maybe I'll consider that. Def wouldn't recommend keeping the mobo. Ram. Or disks.

Imo SSD aren't ready for serious heavy duty service. Better to mount them as like a RAID for like editing large files so they can be tossed after they start erroring easily.

I fucked up getting OS installed on it. I wanted to like Ramdisk red99 for ultra instant zone times.
I'm not? Clear your browser cache and if that doesn't work, reformat and reinstall windows.

It's dirty from your sweaty piss, ma'am (ok now mean)
Old 09-25-2021, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was the pc vaccinated ?
No. My PCs are free range. Probably infested with like several botnets. Especially after running the DLLs here lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not? Clear your browser cache and if that doesn't work, reformat and reinstall windows.

It's dirty from your sweaty piss, ma'am (ok now mean)
Ok. So if I deleted my browser cache and then reboot and watch some more of Jibartik's really great YouTube videos and it fills up again, it's just going to crash again as soon as I run a game with a big ram profile and the OS just pages its 300mb printersppooler service... (which gets disabled when I run games anyway).

Yes. I understand it may temporarily fix it.

I could also put the page file on the other disk (the standard HD) and probably get away with it for a month or week. Until the SSD corrupts something the OS needs to boot. The Solid State Drive is still likely the culprit and will continue to fail more however.

So.

Yes. And no.

I have already tried that babe.
Last edited by starkind; 09-25-2021 at 08:48 PM..
Old 09-25-2021, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. My PCs are free range. Probably infested with like several botnets. Especially after running the DLLs here lol.

Ok. So if I deleted my browser cache and then reboot and watch some more of Jibartik's really great YouTube videos and it fills up again, it's just going to crash again as soon as I run a game with a big ram profile and the OS just pages its 300mb printersppooler service... (which gets disabled when I run games anyway).

Yes. I understand it may temporarily fix it.

I could also put the page file on the other disk (the standard HD) and probably get away with it for a month or week. Until the SSD corrupts something the OS needs to boot. The Solid State Drive is still likely the culprit and will continue to fail more however.

So.

Yes. And no.

I have already tried that babe.
okay, skimmed, if the SSD is bad format the SSD in the menu and format+reinstall on mechanical
Old 09-25-2021, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
okay, skimmed, if the SSD is bad just reinstall OS on the mechanical drive
That's really hARd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*trigger warning*

*seriously*

*for really real don't read further *

Clevergirl died from anorexia organ failure and dehydration on a plastic bed in a VA psyche ward because she was dumb and on a super fucking crazy amount of tic-tacs.

Starkind not super sMaRT or clever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] brain is too hurted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by starkind; 09-25-2021 at 09:06 PM..
Old 09-25-2021, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's really hARd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*trigger warning*

*seriously*

*for really real don't read further *

Clevergirl died from anorexia organ failure and dehydration on a plastic bed in a VA psyche ward because she was dumb and on a super fucking crazy amount of tic-tacs.

Starkind not super sMaRT or clever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] brain is too hurted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's not at all hard and tic-tacs give u mentat powers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if u get the right one
Old 09-25-2021, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

I've always been a fan of memtest86. Passmark (ew) bought em - but there's an open sourced version:

https://www.memtest.org/

Make sure your sinks/fans are clean and loop this overnight. Also, most shops will plug a tester into your power supply for free. Sometimes weird stuff can happen if the caps wear and voltages aren't exact.

Two simple and (relatively) cheap fixes. Good luck!

-Mcoy
Old 09-25-2021, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
it's not at all hard and tic-tacs give u mentat powers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if u get the right one
See if u didn't skim u'd see thats major surgery 2 me now.

Maybe I'll try it your way after sleeping a few days.

Feels like a lot of work. For Maybe the mobo being a piece of shit rip off anyway

I would have been exited to 4 years ago I would have used it as an excuse to buy a new mechanical and dual boot FreeBSD. Now I'm just (drugs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always been a fan of memtest86. Passmark (ew) bought em - but there's an open sourced version:

https://www.memtest.org/

Make sure your sinks/fans are clean and loop this overnight. Also, most shops will plug a tester into your power supply for free. Sometimes weird stuff can happen if the caps wear and voltages aren't exact.

Two simple and (relatively) cheap fixes. Good luck!

-Mcoy
Yeah. You're absolutely right. Rly good stuff. I used to do that for a living. Good ol memtest. Boots off USB 2 I've done it before. There's like a system recovery bootable disc with it.

I'm not doing anything fast tho. So we'll see if in a week I do it or not.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:08 AM
Banned

Oh BTW. Windows 10 has a built-in memory checker.

P fucking cool.

I'm backing up my data b4 I start doing that.

This pc needs major firmware updates 2 and yeah it could also be the PSU. I have an APC otw so I'll probably do that on the side at some point before I give this PC 2 some poor hacker. Would hate to have someone getting this machine thinking it'll work.

I ran chckdisk and SMART those r fine. And ya my SSD is losing bits, nothing major yet tho.

Crashes when the ram is put under heavy load. Could be vram 2 maybe?

Temps r gr8. Always nice and cold. Even on hot days. I'll really miss that.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:14 PM
Banned

Memtest says only the creator can fix his creation.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

hit it few times with a sledgehhammer and end his suffering.
Closed Thread