Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sometimes I play solitaire and tic tac toe by myself 2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does solitaire have a multiplayer option?
Old 09-29-2021, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Did the dupe bug get fixed? It's online right
Old 09-29-2021, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

I played a bit today and I just couldnt get into it. It felt like outward but I liked outward better, I mean by no means is outward as high quality as new world, but its not like new world looks that great either.

The music in outward, the overal magical vibe, I just felt that was more imersive.

Im just comparing it to a game I feel it's very simmilar to, but idk... I just dont like the "rust" vibe I get from playing this game so far, it's so alpha male feeling with the art and vibe.

outward is like beta male feathers and magic, that's more my speed.

Although outward is local coop and not mmo so apples to oranges, and so this is great because of that.. yeah idk, amazon hasnt grabbed me with this intro gameplay so far.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:40 PM
Banned

Can't even swim in NW

Lewls.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a bit today and I just couldnt get into it. It felt like outward but I liked outward better, I mean by no means is outward as high quality as new world, but its not like new world looks that great either.

The music in outward, the overal magical vibe, I just felt that was more imersive.

Im just comparing it to a game I feel it's very simmilar to, but idk... I just dont like the "rust" vibe I get from playing this game so far, it's so alpha male feeling with the art and vibe.

outward is like beta male feathers and magic, that's more my speed.

Although outward is local coop and not mmo so apples to oranges, and so this is great because of that.. yeah idk, amazon hasnt grabbed me with this intro gameplay so far.
Yeah. Pretty good analysis on feels.

I feel like NW definitely delivers on some things for some ppl and that's great and also a smart move from Amazon. Some people will fall in love with NW and that addictive toxic relationship will be solidly forged. Probably younger kids and more casual gamers who play only a few hours a night to begin with.

I don't like games my character can't swim in.

Surprisingly outward was one of like 2 exceptions to this rule. Mostly because outward is pretty unique and rich in its own right and way. Also the shore, water, wasn't completely neglected. That cave on the beach with its tides was a clever and classic move.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

they had that like, intro and I was so unintrosted.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Btw tethlar I feel bad I know you are liking this game so i wont shit on it because I am wrong to it's an awesome game! I just am angry I cant be ogre.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Digging the crafting and gathering systems. Combat enjoyment is up to you to enjoy it and make use of abilities. You can use skill and timing to kill mobs higher level than you. Haven't PvP'd a ton but the few times I have it get your heart going.

So far so good.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:49 PM
Banned

I can't stand the combat in this game tbh

It turns me off so much and I can't have fun in it

but I can see how it can be fun for others though

not my type of game but hope it does well
Old 09-30-2021, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't stand the combat in this game tbh

It turns me off so much and I can't have fun in it

but I can see how it can be fun for others though

not my type of game but hope it does well
It's a nice change of pace from classic EQ. Sometimes I want that quick type of twitch combat, other times I'd rather just chill with something simpler
Closed Thread