Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 03:43 AM
Large Bat

Default Coldain Shawl AND Coldain ring ? Crafting

HI all,

I'm slowly rising my tradeskills, but I just read that "when a tradeskill goes higher than 200, then all other tradeskills are limited to 200".

In my understanding, if I get to 248 in brewing (required for Coldain RIng 9), I won't be able to reach 208 in Tailoring (required for Coldain Prayer Shawl 6) ?

Can anyone confirm or has any detail about this ? Or best, can anyone tell me how he/she did both quests ?

Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit : I found the information here :
https://wiki.project1999.com/Tradeskills
"Plan ahead for the tradeskill you wish to max. Once you pass 200 in any one skill, all other tradeskills will cap out at 200."

Vibrant Chords
Green
Old 09-14-2021, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

Facts:
• Yes, you can only take one tradeskill past 200.
• 208 Tailoring is the trivial. That is skill level at which you can no longer gain skill by trying the final Shawl 6 combine.
• 208 Tailoring is not the "95% success chance" point. Even at 208 skill, you still have a success chance less than 95%.
• However, it is actually not necessary to raise Tailoring to 208 to succeed on Shawl 6.

My suggestion/opinion:
• Get to like 168 Tailoring, or whatever skill level is reasonably attainable, and then try the combine until you succeed. Even if you fail several times, this will statistically save time over actually raising your skill to something close to the trivial level.

Remember, folks, the "trivial" is not the same as "maximum (95%) success chance". The 95% point is much higher.

Regarding Brewing - you don't have to have 248 brewing to get Ring 9. Someone else can do the brewing for you, or you can do it on an alt. In fact, any number of players can share one Brewing mule to do this. Or maybe you have a crazy friend.

Use this table if you're serious.
https://wiki.project1999.com/TradeskillTable
Last edited by Videri; 09-14-2021 at 04:31 AM..
Old 09-14-2021, 04:37 AM
Large Bat

Thank you Videri, this answer was all I needed ! Take care [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2021, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

Gather the mats for ur ring 9 peice. And i can brew it for u. Will charge small fee as i will have to farm stinger for you. <--248 brewing fyi
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 09-14-2021, 02:04 PM
Large Bat

Thank you Drackgon. I'm not there yet but will sooner or later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2021, 01:32 PM
Skeleton

i tried for 2 hrs to get the prayer to drop the pattern but it would not, is that not in yet also
Old 09-25-2021, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My suggestion/opinion:
• Get to like 168 Tailoring, or whatever skill level is reasonably attainable, and then try the combine until you succeed. Even if you fail several times, this will statistically save time over actually raising your skill to something close to the trivial level.
This. I have done Shawl 7 twice now. I just get tailoring to 158 and then try the Shawl 6 combine until I succeed. It is WAY easier/cheaper to go that route than to try and get tailoring up to 208. I spent like 5-10 hours and 2000pp one time to try and up tailoring. I got maybe 1 or 2 points lol. Velious tailoring is super rough. The only way you can level up somewhat easily past 158 is if you are lucky enough to be a race that has racial tailoring.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. I have done Shawl 7 twice now. I just get tailoring to 158 and then try the Shawl 6 combine until I succeed. It is WAY easier/cheaper to go that route than to try and get tailoring up to 208. I spent like 5-10 hours and 2000pp one time to try and up tailoring. I got maybe 1 or 2 points lol. Velious tailoring is super rough. The only way you can level up somewhat easily past 158 is if you are lucky enough to be a race that has racial tailoring.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe on LIVE I got my tailoring to 155 or so, then I went to a trainer a bought my skill up to around 200 using training points I saved. If you don't have cultural try to buy it up after 155 or so. I made sure I played a race that could do cultural on here so I didnt have to worry. Only the erudites need Terrorantula silk and the damn Sro spawn cycles are so wacked out on P99 and nothing like LIVE back in the day. Can't get anything to spawn, AC or Terrorantula. Terrorantula used to be easy as hell, kill all the spiders for like 30-40 mins. Missing like half a dozen PH for AC spawn cycle, what the hell are they thinking.
Last edited by NPC; 10-09-2021 at 11:09 PM..
Old 10-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm not mistaken, I believe on LIVE I got my tailoring to 155 or so, then I went to a trainer a bought my skill up to around 200 using training points I saved. If you don't have cultural try to buy it up after 155 or so. I made sure I played a race that could do cultural on here so I didnt have to worry. Only the erudites need Terrorantula silk and the damn Sro spawn cycles are so wacked out on P99 and nothing like LIVE back in the day. Can't get anything to spawn, AC or Terrorantula. Terrorantula used to be easy as hell, kill all the spiders for like 30-40 mins. Missing like half a dozen PH for AC spawn cycle, what the hell are they thinking.
On P99 you cannot have a trainer train your tradeskills past 20 or 21 sadly.