Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Aviak

Is your enchanter often AOE mezzing? Sometimes that'll blur the target you're fighting and all the aggro your tank put in will be wasted.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faster attacks won't make you proc more, but Frostbringer is an aggro weapon, so smart move swapping it out.

What's your gear look like in comparison to the SKs? For example, you're at 40% haste--what haste do they have? If you're just dealing way more white damage, you will eventually generate enough hate to overtake their spell aggro.
I think he has SCHW for haste so 22%. I think he uses an Ebon Mace 19/24.

I don't think the chanter is hitting our mobs with aoe mez, and if he is it is few and far between.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Assuming you're both keeping 64% ench haste up, that leaves you at 94% haste and him at 86% haste, add in the difference in weapons and it looks like you just generate way more threat (maybe 25% greater threat).

I'd upgrade the SK's weapon to something like a Narandi's Lance and if you can get them a haste upgrade of some kind.

A main SK may be able to give better advice on the timing and recipe of spells they should be casting.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Frostbringers and rangers do NOT mix. The guard capt mallet is similar priced and dps, 11/20 no proc. The Winter is a good alternative; smart for swapping it out. If you are jolting you are burning mana and cast time.

First pull spell is aggro locked so the sk might use like clinging or engulf if they have the BE gauntlets. Gives more time to pop a DC and maybe Shadow Vortex before it gets to camp. Also make sure people aren’t rooting or at least are announcing it. Proximity aggro is a great tool if people are aware it’s in force.

After that yea white dmg dps for the SK (mainly haste, I usually tank with a 19/24) could be better. It could make use of a gobby earring to chain spells quicker. Really tho they should be able to generate all the hate in the world almost without attacking. With haste caps if using SCHW’s you’re up on haste and a ton of attack but a few DC’s should shore that up. It’s an odd thing.

PS: dark is no where near the aggro of DC or SV. It really should be used to control pull or flee speed. An engulf/DC/SV combo before it gets to camp would fix it. You casting grasping roots at a further melee range would too. Gluck!
Last edited by Snaggles; 10-08-2020 at 07:46 AM..
Old 10-08-2020, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First pull spell is aggro locked so the sk might use like clinging or engulf if they have the BE gauntlets.
Can you explain this?
Old 10-08-2020, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you explain this?
Threat generated by the first spell cast on a mob is capped. Hence why enchanters can pull with tash or slow and their pets get aggro immediately.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Yea I’m not sure if it’s first spell or just first if initial aggro. Still pulling with slow (initial aggro) is very little hate. What benefits ench and shamans can be a detriment for hybrid tanks.

If I’m scrapping for max aggro with my pally I’ll usually pull with a DW click. Stun bracer or cancel magic gloves then immediately stun and blind once in camp. SK’s can do the same. Just good to save that max hate spell for the subsequent casts.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:44 PM
Aviak

Sounds like it's the SK that's having the issue, not you. You should almost never be able to pull off a SK unless you are trying. Tell him to cast more.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

JOLT, if that doesn't work..
Turn off attack

It's better for the group if the dps manages their agro. Even if that means having to turn off your attack to let the tank maintain agro. Rangers do generate a lot of hate and don't have easy ways to dump it like evade, fd, etc. Keep in mind even rogues have to turn off attack sometimes.

If someone gets too much agro and the tank is having trouble. They may even have to die to save the encounter. Healers should be focused on the tank. Other people going low via agro causes confusion and target switching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerstone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell him to cast more.
also this.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-03-2020 at 12:54 AM..
Old 11-03-2020, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Jolt jolt jolt or just root everything
Closed Thread