Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Right now I'm kinda leaning toward making a druid and going feral bear tank. That way, without dual spec, I can raid/group/farm/world pvp all with the same, or at least similar, spec. Feral is fun to level and I anticipate that, with warriors being relatively unpopular in BC, there is going to be a big shortage of tanks for heroics n' stuff - especially on alliance side without all the BE paladins. Resto druid will also be nice if I ever get back into arenas.

Also kinda flirting with shadow priest but I remember them not being popular in 5-man groups and I want to be able to do that. Shaman might also be fun because if I remember correctly they kinda hard counter all the fotm warlock metaslaves.

As someone who played a paladin extensively in BC, I imagine a couple months from now many of the paladin rerollers will realize it's not wrath yet and that paladins are kinda crap in BC. Yes, prot paladins can tank now but they're gonna have to drink in between most pulls which sucks.
Last edited by Lune; 05-18-2021 at 05:09 PM..
Old 05-18-2021, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

My guild and raid leader was a mage and did really good dps but he did put in a lot of effort to do so. He always got so salty checking the dps logs and noticing shadowbolt was the only spell being cast by the warlocks! lol
Old 05-18-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, Toxigen, great post.

Tunabros, they will make you a lvl 55 if you come play I think.

TBC was when wow started to really shine as a mmo and where it started to kill all other mmos so I'd say come and experience it, if you never did.
I know the purist will tell you to go on a pvp server but fucking don't unless you really know what you are doing because TBC, with flying mount, can be brutal with modern griefers. (and the servers are roughly 10 times bigger than they used to so pvp server are just a shit show mostly)

Lune: if you go alli druid, I will keep you alive and we can chain heroics and get that rep.
I been in top guilds from wrath to draenor.
I got the 27th Tarecgosa in the world.

But I never played tbc competitively my english was too bad back then.
Last edited by Byue; 05-18-2021 at 05:08 PM..
Old 05-18-2021, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah pvp servers are a hard pass nowadays. I legit felt bad for alliance who played on pvp servers and got farmed for phase 1. Back in the day the population disparity wasn't so bad and the alliance had a lot of really good pvpers.

I remember trying to kill people by the Arathi Basin portal and a human warrior chased and corpse camped me all the way back to to Tarren Mill lol. Then when I got on a flight path to UC I got a tell from a lvl 1 orc saying "Dont you do it again!"
Old 05-18-2021, 05:20 PM
Banned

just a heads up for tbc u will need a lot of time and dedication for end game raiding it's like not 8 hrs a night its gonna be the only game u play

ur gonna need to app to a good guild, casuals won't make the cut and will just waste ur time

tho it might be worth it because it was pretty good
Old 05-18-2021, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

What's a good high pop PvE realm to play TBC alliance on? I want high pop but not necessarily the highest. Queues would be good but not queues that never end like Faerlina on classic release

*edit* nvm found the demographics, looking like Pagle if I go pve
Last edited by Lune; 05-18-2021 at 05:45 PM..
Old 05-18-2021, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah raiding in BC is either...you go for the top or don't bother.

I couldn't imagine wiping to shit tier bosses with a bunch of mouthbreathers.

And bear tank is fine...may get sat on a fight here and there. Just be prepared for that.

FWIW our server first ZA speedrun was my group with my guilds best bear tank. I had the first bear mount on the server and you bet your ass I sat on the ironforge bridge for a few days after that one.
Last edited by Toxigen; 05-18-2021 at 05:32 PM..
Old 05-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Considering the number of guilds who cleared Naxx this time around, or got to/past 4H, I don't think most of the raids will be as hard as people remember. Better coms, better access to strats, etc.

I'm guessing only BT and Sunwell will give most guilds any real issues. But eh, I've done no research. We'll see.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:43 AM
Banned

Don’t you losers know that throwing time away to raid high end means you’re neglecting reality? You’re exchanging health and useful knowledge to replay old games you’ve already played.

Learn a skill, build something, thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering the number of guilds who cleared Naxx this time around, or got to/past 4H, I don't think most of the raids will be as hard as people remember. Better coms, better access to strats, etc.

I'm guessing only BT and Sunwell will give most guilds any real issues. But eh, I've done no research. We'll see.

In classic, they actually nerfed the original code a bit like the TLP are apparently super easy because the code changed overtime or some shit like that.

They looked into it and were not pleased, they are apparently tweaking the raids to reflect the difficulty of the time through modern means (i.e: scaling and shit) and I<m not entirely sure about what will happen but they promised us a more difficult version than what we got in classic so, we'll see.

WoW: Burning Crusade Classic will use its much harder pre-nerf raid bosses because you're all much better at the game now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t you losers know that throwing time away to raid high end means you’re neglecting reality? You’re exchanging health and useful knowledge to replay old games you’ve already played.

Learn a skill, build something, thoughts and prayers.
Building a toon legacy and this go around, I will not pick herbalism.

On a more serious note, I am good with woodworking, I am a chef so I guess I can cook a riot, and bake, too since desserts is where you make a lot of money, if you want to own a restaurant, you better get baking. I speak three languages. I've traveled to over 64 countries. I draw badly but I like it. I can swing dance, salsa, meringue and I know how to sow back from when my sister had a clothing company and needed people to help her struggling business and I know how to repair ovens, dishwasher (eh) and some basic plumbing (entrepreneurs unite!). I been published for poetry, twice and a small children book that I wrote for fun for my ex's daughter which ended up winning prize but those are stupid I basically wrote rhyming shit for dumb child who can't even use a spoon right yet and I mean, by all of this, to explain that we all have 24 hours in a day, we decide what to do with it but this belongs to us, to choose because this is what freedom is and if you like freedom, don't fucking judge what other people do with their free time.
Last edited by Byue; 05-19-2021 at 12:00 PM..
Closed Thread