Old 09-11-2021, 09:34 AM
Banned

The one thing all newbs need is love.

Supportive.
Unconditional.

Love.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:51 AM
Banned

Thought the target nearest mob hotkey was tab? That’s what it was in WoW when I played it, forgot what it was in original EQ that I played before WoW

Regardless I guess one of the first things I did was re-hotkey it to tab. F-anything is far too inconvenient

Also, as a caster, I prefer to re-bind some of the spell gem defaults, since alt+any number greater than about 4 is very inconvenient a stretch to be doing consistently over and over. I prefer a setup of 1, 2, 3, 4, alt 1, alt 2, alt 3, alt 4 for 8 spell gems

A good rule of thumb is the more often you are using a spell or macro, the closer it should be to your movement keys. E, F, C, Z are all useful re-bind options

For me Pet attack macro is E, pet back off macro is shift-E. Played a pet class in WoW so this was natural for me. Spellbook (I have to switch out spells constantly as enchanter) is Z. GCD reset clicky hotkey (which I hit the most of any hotkey) is Q. Autorun is F

Ideally, eventually with enough time playing, EVERYTHING should be hotkeyed, as it will always be faster and more accurate than clicking an icon

I had this beat into my head playing top ranked WoW arena pvp. In order to compete at the top level, you had to have everything hotkeyed, and be as fast with your hotkeys as you possibly could. There I had about 40 keybinds (which went up to 55 with the first expansion’s new stuff)

I was never that good at Real Time Strategy games like Warcraft III but from watching their competitive paid tournament winning players it was the same for that genre; they also hotkeyed a large array of things. Every building that could produce units had its own hotkey, allowing them to be mass producing units and upgrading them in a flash while also micromanaging their individual units in the heat of battle. Their top players had Actions Per Minute (APM) in the 200 range due to having a blindingly fast and familiar hotkey setup
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-13-2021 at 02:56 AM..
Old 09-13-2021, 05:22 PM
Aviak

Remapped mine to TAB as well

The scary thing is, I was playing with a player of 2 years that did not know there was auto targeting via a key, so I made the post when I accidentally discovered it LOL
Old 09-14-2021, 12:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use F8 to target nearest MOB...

This post was made mostly for players that do not spend a great deal of time reading the forums (like me)
Every enchanter on the server shouts in unison, "Nooooo!!!!"
Old 09-14-2021, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant remember can /autoattack on work on p99?

replacing your hotkey that turns on and off melee attack with /autoattack is very cool IMO because often I turn on and off attack over and over again trying to spam to make sure it's on and I realize im standing there doing nothing 40 seconds later.

This prevents that!

You have to learn other ways to turn it off, I duck constantly because the arms down pose is cooler than the arms up pose and doing that will quickly get you to it, so I have x tied to duck, thats my simple little trick!
'/attack on' works.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 09-14-2021, 09:54 PM
Kobold

I currently have the sit/stand function bound to my 0 key on my number pad and I find that helps me. I also have a few keys rebound above my arrow keys for targeting nearest mob, conning mob and moving the view back and forwards. Also having auto run on an easy to hit key helps.