Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 03:17 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You keep saying 'culprit' and wanting to expose people, but there is no one to blame except the guy who wandered into KOS territory and got whacked. A /who doesn't need to be done and no one needs to be contacted, just need to loot your corpse and be more careful. There was no small window of 'opportunity' and no one was hiding from anyone. It's just business as usual when farming any guards.
I'm not wanting to expose anyone but I guess sarcasm and nuance is too much for your lizard brain, you might notice I'm not the one posting pictures of my conversations with other people. It's not "business as usual" when the GM warrior wanders from the guild, in fact, it never happened to me before. A /who needs to be done at the very least to let someone know I'm camping the guards, if you prefer to limp-wrist your way through conflicts, oh well. The guy quite literally censored his own name from the bottom of the screenshot, and despite me remembering who it was that's not what's important. I think I'm entitled to defend myself here. Especially since from my perspective this guy zoned in, took my camp, got me killed, ignored me, then later claimed he was AFK there the whole time. Potentially the whole thing could be misunderstanding. Maybe I didn't notice him in zone several hours before the incident and he got unwarranted flak, but someone definitely took my camp and got me killed by inadvertently pulling the GM warrior.

I appreciate your expert take, though. On this situation that didn't even involve you.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenDegenerate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not wanting to expose anyone but I guess sarcasm and nuance is too much for your lizard brain, you might notice I'm not the one posting pictures of my conversations with other people. It's not "business as usual" when the GM warrior wanders from the guild, in fact, it never happened to me before. A /who needs to be done at the very least to let someone know I'm camping the guards, if you prefer to limp-wrist your way through conflicts, oh well. The guy quite literally censored his own name from the bottom of the screenshot, and despite me remembering who it was that's not what's important. I think I'm entitled to defend myself here. Especially since from my perspective this guy zoned in, took my camp, got me killed, ignored me, then later claimed he was AFK there the whole time. Potentially the whole thing could be misunderstanding. Maybe I didn't notice him in zone several hours before the incident and he got unwarranted flak, but someone definitely took my camp and got me killed by inadvertently pulling the GM warrior.

I appreciate your expert take, though. On this situation that didn't even involve you.
Except the RV guards aren’t a camp. You’re not entitled to all of them under the PnP. So technically if someone is at fault here it’s you for trying to claim the entirety of the guards as your camp in violation of the PnP.

Sometimes people aggro other NPCs while fighting guards in cities. Sometimes those NPCs end up in other parts of the city as a result of chasing the person. If you get killed by that NPC that’s just bad luck, the other person didn’t do anything wrong or bad. It’s the same as if someone ran out of a dungeon from a train and you wandered into the train while zoning in. Just classic EQ for you. You should just loot and move on. Messaging the dude and his guild over it is pointless and ridiculous.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:50 PM
Kobold

Just another example of seeing one of your heroes become a villain. Cosby, Hulk Hogan, Randytrevor...
Old 09-21-2021, 06:42 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except the RV guards aren’t a camp. You’re not entitled to all of them under the PnP. So technically if someone is at fault here it’s you for trying to claim the entirety of the guards as your camp in violation of the PnP.

Sometimes people aggro other NPCs while fighting guards in cities. Sometimes those NPCs end up in other parts of the city as a result of chasing the person. If you get killed by that NPC that’s just bad luck, the other person didn’t do anything wrong or bad. It’s the same as if someone ran out of a dungeon from a train and you wandered into the train while zoning in. Just classic EQ for you. You should just loot and move on. Messaging the dude and his guild over it is pointless and ridiculous.
That actually sounds pretty reasonable. I don't know what the PnP is nor the guidelines established within it. I just learned from others what the camp was, what order to pull the guards in, etc. If someone was clearing them I would ask how long they planned to be there and others would often do the same for me. It's a relatively friendly and transparent community. The times I did get trained and killed people would message me and apologize before I even noticed, sometimes even offering to find me a rez. I understand the risks of being in a zone where everything aggros you, it's unfortunate. I was under the impression at the time this guy moved in on my camp and made a dangerous pull (the smaller races look through the wall behind Deputy Percin/Olo and pull the two guards INSIDE the bank via pet sometimes pulling Roglio) that got me killed and proceeded to ignore me. The trio of losing camp, getting killed and being ignored was upsetting and I'll concede I come off pretty aggressive in that chat log but a lot of other context was lost in a game of telephone with his guildmate. Like I said before it's possible the entire thing was a misunderstanding on my part. If it really wasn't you Blingy then I truly apologize for being such an arsehole, it must have seemed really random and combative, but as far as I'm concerned the rest of you can piss off. As if no one here has had any moments that could be subject to ridicule if put under a microscope.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:19 PM
Kobold

This combative attitude is what got your show cancelled Ellen.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

one of us
Old 10-08-2021, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Tandyrevor iksar necromancer soon perhaps!
Old 10-09-2021, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Default ONE OF US

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread