Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 05:16 AM
Sarnak

Default Thinking about the future and possible New Green99

I haven't been around since before Kunark launched on Green, and I'm thinking forward to the future about the possible new server that might launch whenever Green finishes.

How far are we into Velious right now?

How long do you think they'll let Velious run for on Green before whatever end game plan they have kicks in? (merge to Blue, or leaving Green up and launching new server, etc.)
Old 09-26-2021, 07:51 AM
Aviak

"The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)"
Old 09-26-2021, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Double digit manastones was not enough. Going for triple digit next time.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

OP, you can go to https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes and compare this to the current Green timeline to figure out an estimate of when changes/patches are supposed to go in. This will not be a strict schedule (volunteer dev team etc), but at least a rough idea.

I don't feel like doing this right now. People keep asking this question and those people should do it. https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes
Old 09-26-2021, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Just curious as to why everyone seems to think there is some plan for green.

I mean, was there ever any intent on sustaining it ?

What are the differences between blue and green ? (i am aware that green was once teal and there are some strange things going on with these servers).
Old 09-26-2021, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)"
They later hedged their bets and said they are not locked into merging Green with Blue, it is under consideration
Old 09-26-2021, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest815 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious as to why everyone seems to think there is some plan for green.

I mean, was there ever any intent on sustaining it ?

What are the differences between blue and green ? (i am aware that green was once teal and there are some strange things going on with these servers).
Of course there's a plan for Green. It has been in the works for 10 years. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333743

The point of Project 1999 is to relive the Classic-Kunark-Velious experience by going through the timeline over and over.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

The next server should have no legacy items, and all the quality of life enhancements that blue has / has ever had. Dot dmg displayed etc
Old 09-27-2021, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Sorry, when i said sustain the green server. I really meant that it was never constructed properly in the first place. With massive timeline bugs and NPC speech errors and typos.

This is actually not a bad thing, the server is free afterall and it was probably done so quickly in order to get people on here raiding because of what was probably going to be an overpopulated blue.

It just means that we should all be playing on blue. At least if you have no friends like me and are actually interested in questing. (who would have thought!) Esp if they will eventually be merged.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The next server should have no legacy items, and all the quality of life enhancements that blue has / has ever had. Dot dmg displayed etc
this