Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keeping 4 melee buffed is a full time job by themselves. Now throw in healing, CCing for adds, and slowing. You are gonna want another shaman.
I do this on my shaman. YMMV of course.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

I would vote to have less rogues to have a more flavor spread of classes, just my preference, definitely keep at least one rogue though. I would suggest adding wizard or druid (evac!) to help with porting around and maybe SOW, if a shaman isn't a choice.

Secondly, warriors will have hard time keeping agro until they have high taunt, weapons that proc, and good gear. Root will help but with nukes from caster classes the root will break often. I believe if possible for the chosen race, that a SK or Paladin would best suit for snap agro in this type of fun experimental group.

I also highly suggest a necromancer when possible, they have tons of utility, one of the many being mana for the main healer and during buffing sessions.
Last edited by gkmarino; 10-04-2016 at 09:24 PM..
Old 10-05-2016, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

Mage,Mage,Mage,Mage,Enchanter,Cleric �� All gnomes ofcourse.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

make a human bloodsabers only group... necro, sk, enc, mag, wiz, cleric and warrior (pick the 6 you want...), all worshiping Bertoxxulous, how can you have a more perfect group?
Old 10-05-2016, 02:36 AM
Fire Giant

I have always loved the idea of a Single race group like this.
Sadly could never get people on board /:
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

6 iksar monks with fungi's.

Iksar standing regen is 12 hp per tick.
Fungi is 15 hp per tick.

Total regen is 27. Now with 6 monks spreading damage and FD'ing when hurt to let other group members take damage, you group will regen 162 HP's per tick (actualy more, since FD'd members regen 14 hps instead of 12 per tick).

That's nearly what Celestial Healing does (180 hp per tick), and it's mana less, worn effect, and no need to save peridots for that halfling cleric or druid with an obnoxious looking mustache.

Now add in the DPS of 6 monks and let the blood bath begin.

(Ok, the figure are true for lvl 60, but I'm pretty sure it's even more powerful prior to 60 since mobs' strength scales exponentially).
Old 10-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Barbarians! Level exclusively in the Everfrost/Permafrost area (maybe even allow yourself black burrow).

2 Rogue, 2 War, 2 shaman for redundancy's sake.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Troll/Ogre
Shaman
SK
Warrior x4
lmao, do this lol ^^
Old 10-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

At this point, I have managed to convince only 3 friends. So I am looking at a 4 person group. Not sure how much this really changes peoples suggestions as it seems slot 5 and 6 seem to usually be added dps.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Skeleton

Gnome Power!
Cleric, Enchanter, Mage, Wizard.

Cleric: heals and buffs. The most important job in the group, should be the player that's going to be on the most because you can function without any one of the others.

Enchanter: stupidly versatile class. Charmed pets do monstrous damage, second best slows in game, best haste in game, mez will save your party in a dungeon, etc, etc.

Mage: The enchanter's pet is going to break charm, you'll want a mage pet on the mob to keep it off the party while the enchanter straightens out his pet. Mages are awesome constant dps and can help with spike damage. Summoned goodies can help with everything from food/water to mana regen from mod rods.

Wizard: Best spike damage in the game, strong root, snare, ports. A wizard is fairly low in constant dps, but makes up for it when you need something dead real quick. They tend to med right through entire fights vs melee mobs, then light up the annoying caster mob before they can heal/nuke/gate/slow/screw your party. Their ports will ensure that if your first choice dungeon is overpacked, you can go across the world in a few seconds and snag a good camp.

This combo is a tank and rogue away from a very traditional group and can really make any class that comes along work. Just add two of any class and go.
Closed Thread