Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Default How to save up for cleric epic?

Unguided so I feel I'll end up having to MQ my epic. Anyone have advice on making coin as a cleric? It's been a bit hard to solo much that isn't undead.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Soloing anything that gives you decent pp is incredibly difficult as a cleric. If I were you, I would make friends with a level 60 enchanter who likes to duo cash camps like PoM Puppets, Velks Brood Mother, Seb Crypt, Chardok named, etc.

Is there any reason why you don't want to join a guild? The cleric epic is one of the easiest epics to get, and can be one-grouped by experienced players.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Why not guild up? Most of cleric epic is easy. Ixi, chardok, and ragefire are usually easy to recruit folks interested in the other loot (CoF, royals stuff, dragon stuff).
Old 04-24-2019, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

My play time is a bit erratic which makes committing to a guild difficult. I would love to join one, but I'd feel bad not always being available.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Join a more casual guild that has a good record of getting people their epics. Kittens, Second Sons, Dawn Believers, Anonymous, etc.

No guild expects all of their members to show up to everything.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My play time is a bit erratic which makes committing to a guild difficult. I would love to join one, but I'd feel bad not always being available.
Never being available to any guild at all is worse. Shame on you!!
Old 04-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unguided so I feel I'll end up having to MQ my epic. Anyone have advice on making coin as a cleric? It's been a bit hard to solo much that isn't undead.
Cleric is a terrible char for this. Make a mage or druid porting to farm the pp.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never being available to any guild at all is worse. Shame on you!!
I suppose. I more look at it like I was getting help with an epic that will have limited value to the guild. Felt selfish to me.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Shelve your toon for a month. Make a mule in tunnel, transfer all your pp to him. Tunnel quest with a vengeance until your at 50k
Old 04-24-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I suppose. I more look at it like I was getting help with an epic that will have limited value to the guild. Felt selfish to me.
I think what a lot of unguilded people don't realize is that guilds are EQ's natural selfishness channeling mechanism. Everyone in a guild is selfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everyone joins the guild to get gear for their character. Sure they might become friends and do things to help each other outside of raids from time to time, but they don't go to raids for the "fun" or for the "community": they go for the DKP (raid points) and loot (purchased with those DKP).

That's the beauty of guilds: you get scores of people all working together for entirely selfish reasons, but the guild channels that selfishness to let everyone accomplish things they never could on their own.

Snyder43 was dead-on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join a more casual guild that has a good record of getting people their epics. Kittens, Second Sons, Dawn Believers, Anonymous, etc.

No guild expects all of their members to show up to everything.
I can't speak for the other guilds, but Anon has only two fixed raid nights a week, plus some sporadic raiding other nights. If you can make time in your life to spend a few hours on just one of either Wednesday at 5pm PST/8pm EST (Plane of Sky night) or Friday same time (Hot night), then you can selfishly get yourself a suit of Dragon armor and/or some fun Sky gear ... while at the same time unselfishly helping everyone else.

Even if you only make it to just one raid a week, and don't raid at all the rest of the time, then when we do "epic fight nights" (which we do fairly often) I guarantee everyone will be more than happy to help you get your epic. And then of course after you get your epic you could always leave ... but I suspect you'll want other gear improvements after that, and what better way to get it than to stick around?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-24-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Closed Thread