Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol well I hope that I can get that point someday then I'll make a class harder to achieve epics and gear. Or I'll try red or something. Nature's defender and pally epic and hopefully a long friends list is what I am aiming for atm
Yeah, didn't mean to sound like the Paladin epic is a breeze. It'll be challenging. They're all challenging. Even the Rogue epic is.

I like Paladins. Their gear and weapons look awesome, and you probably won't have to compete with others when it comes time to collect raid gear.

Paladins and SKs are typically in the same boat when it comes to being great group tanks and taking a back seat while raiding.

Plus Paladins get 90% rez which is awesome as well.

I also used to be in a guild that had a Paladin main tank during raids, well lower tier raids, but he did great.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:36 AM
Large Rat

Groups sound fun to me, and on raids I wouldn't mind off tanking or spot healing or just being there for a buff lol. As long as you look good doing it ya?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Groups sound fun to me, and on raids I wouldn't mind off tanking or spot healing or just being there for a buff lol. As long as you look good doing it ya?
Yeah, and grouping will be the majority of your character's life anyway. Raiding happens every now and then, so group-friendly classes really shine at the end of the day.

Plus, with off-tanking you'll have more fun than I will on my Necro where my role is essentially being a mana battery for the Clerics.

I suppose it's better than being a Mage though.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you'll have more fun than I will on my Necro where my role is essentially being a mana battery for the Clerics.

I suppose it's better than being a Mage though.
Necro raiding isn't too bad. You're a vital part of the machine, but you don't get the satisfaction of seeing a bar move like healers do when they save someone's ass. Still, people really notice when you're not there. I really enjoyed it, you just need to have the right mindset going in.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Orc

if you want to play a hybrid consider red imo
Old 06-14-2018, 03:09 AM
Large Rat

I have a sword of morning now and 500pp saved up. I'm not sure what to save for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-14-2018, 03:51 AM
Fire Giant

Deepwater helm? The one that can heal yourself with is kinda nice for paladins

I think paladins are great for quick aggro and group / small content tanking.

Big problem is their dmg out put is pretty bad... Although some of the stupid good velious raid weapons make up for that

Paladins are pretty rare on p99.... Combination of not being the best tank (warrior), lack of dps, and poor solo even when compared to other melee (monk / shadow knight)

So raids will be happy to have another paladin I'm sure they need a few to give everyone divine strength heh
Old 06-19-2018, 09:11 PM
Large Rat

My wife has decided to play a human monk... I am having a hard time deciding to either stick with pally, play a shaman (I'd only pick iksar though) or a cleric or bard lol
Old 06-19-2018, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzstraps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wife has decided to play a human monk... I am having a hard time deciding to either stick with pally, play a shaman (I'd only pick iksar though) or a cleric or bard lol
If you like paladin stick with it

If you are more worried about making a good powerful class combination with your wife's monk then yea shaman is pretty much the best possible class to pick however it is a very large mountain to climb to get get to the point where shamans are "OP" *aka torpor&epic*
Old 06-20-2018, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzstraps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your wife is playing a monk, your absolute best bet is to play a shaman.

Its one of the best duos in the game. You guys will always be able to go off in places together, or start groups on your own and invite as you see fit.

Iksar shaman is fine. That way you both can be lizard people and deal w/ the KoS everywhere thing...together....like IRL marriage.
Closed Thread