Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could never get INTO runescape. I always had ultima online and everquest. Runescape felt like the lesser game in comparison. Kids played RS, mature people played UO and EQ. That's how it always felt.
Runescape was what the poor kids played; their pc's couldn't handle real games or they didn't own one at all. stuck in browser, most played only on school pc's.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Returns? OSRS has been around for a quite a while. It’s free to play but the free version is shit. You can save up your in game money to buy a bond on the in game auction with in game currency that will give you paid status for a couple weeks.

It’s even available on your phone, which is not very easy to play on.

For anyone curious about it, it’s an ok game, but it’s 100x more of a grind than Everquest. The gameplay is atrocious and some of the quests are just stupid, or insanely difficult and frustrating (monkey madness...)
After a while when you’ve done all the quests you can for your skill levels, it devolves into a grind fest of maximizing xp/hour. If you want a mindless grind game, you’ll love it.

I played pretty much 99% on my phone and rarely on PC, and even got my fire cape while playing on my phone (fucking difficult as hell). After that I got bored with it and made autohotkey scripts to bot things like fletching to max that out at 99. And then other scripts to make money with other trade skills to pay for my subscription with in game currency, then I wondered why I was even playing anymore. It basically became a second job doing repetitive shit to make money so I could pay to do more of the same repetitive shit.

Pretty much everyone plays on the hack client called Runelite, instead of the standard one, which adds many quality of life improvements and is basically “cheating” but the developers dare not outright ban it because so many people would quit.

Despite that, leveling slayer was the most fun I had, but even that was just another grind, but at least somewhat more varied.

When I played, it was full of Venezuelan bots that dramatically altered the economy. And it was full of scam bots, mainly money doublers.

It’s an addictive game, not a good game.
Closed Thread