Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-27-2023, 08:08 AM
Banned

https://twitter.com/AkkadSecretary/s...83696034504705
Old 01-27-2023, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

An honest question, why will tanks help out in this conflict? I’ve read the Russians aren’t even using armor at the front anymore
Old 01-27-2023, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An honest question, why will tanks help out in this conflict? I’ve read the Russians aren’t even using armor at the front anymore
in my retarted opinion, I think it will really help actually.

Like it looks like the way this war is being fought is more like ww1 than ww2, where they try to make like super small gains day by day, until they can overwhelm and take a village.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Ok, makes sense. I just think a grinding war of attrition favors Russia with its larger manpower and natural resources, so I wasn’t sure how tanks would be hugely useful. But I wouldn’t claim to be a soldier. I’d think Ukraine bombing crimea like Russia is bombing Ukraine until Russia stopped the missile strikes would be more helpful, /shrug
Old 01-27-2023, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, makes sense. I just think a grinding war of attrition favors Russia with its larger manpower and natural resources, so I wasn’t sure how tanks would be hugely useful. But I wouldn’t claim to be a soldier. I’d think Ukraine bombing crimea like Russia is bombing Ukraine until Russia stopped the missile strikes would be more helpful, /shrug
Russia has plenty of (potentially) available man-power, albeit with tons of political risk.

They also have plenty of traditional weaponry. But what they lack is high-end weapon tech.

I believe they can't even independently produce any T-72 tanks because of the sanctions. Russia relied 100% on the West for advanced electronic products.

I think the West is hoping that Russia will be forced to bring out its old stockpile, which probably makes up the majority of it. Which would be old T-62s.

When the US fought Iraq in 1991, Abrams were facing off against T-62s. It was a slaughter. I believe the battle of 73 Easting is one of the most lopsided tank battles in world history.

Even Bradleys melt T-62s.

I think the kill ratio is something like 80 to 1. And most of the Desert Storm damage was friendly fire.

So a lot of these western tanks are force multipliers...or hoping to be anyway.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:24 PM
Banned

Can this support an Abrams?

Ukraine is swampy.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can this support an Abrams?

Ukraine is swampy.
I'm sure it can. Germany is in NATO. And NATO has standards.

And Ukraine's swampy season (Winter) is ending soon.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I imagine if this was a lepord 2 tank instead of a BMP it would just flatten this squad in these videos

it's also seems like, this is a war of positions based on like 1 armor unit being placed in a village.

https://youtu.be/Rpx7TWc58PI

https://youtu.be/MzfgEVwsyOQ

as far as I can tell the rockets and artillary from UK are like way more devastating to the military targets than the russians, and the russians is more like just terror. Like, they had a huge missle barrage yseterday and it killed 11 random people and caused rolling blackouts.

While the west does 1 himrams strike and kills 600 soldiers.

I imagine you add 29 space tanks that look like they are from GIJOE to that from germany (the tank masters) it's pretty much game over for the russians by the end of the year.

edit: or for all of us if we get an "i told you what would happen" from cobra commander.
Last edited by Jobaber; 01-27-2023 at 04:31 PM..
Old 01-27-2023, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure it can. Germany is in NATO. And NATO has standards.

And Ukraine's swampy season (Winter) is ending soon.
Standards? Does the Leopard even have explosive armor?
Old 01-27-2023, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Standards? Does the Leopard even have explosive armor?
Reactive armor?

I'm sure some variants do. And it's easy to retrofit that because even Abrams have it.

Plus, it's not as good as everyone thinks.

And Russia fills theirs with foam after soldiers steal them and sell them on the black market because of course they do.