Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-04-2022, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I own an eight foot long spear. I bought it online from some dorky weapons store, Cold Steel or some shit, when blackout drunk. Scotch tape dispenser for scale. I cannot think of an actual use that doesn't make me look like a lunatic. Maybe if feral hogs attack, or I need to kill a large dog someday.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This one is a little different, I got it through an uncle who passed away who had spent a career in the navy, I didn't know him well. I looked up some symbols on it, I remember reading it was possibly a bayonet made by the Japanese sometime between 1871 and 1935, but the sticker says Iwo Jima 1946. Not sure who put the sticker on, or when. Serial number on the pommel or hilt thing is too faded to read. Maybe some of you guys know about this stuff. I don't.

EDIT: The scabbard has the word "KLAHA" carved into it on the side that presumably would be facing the leg attached to a belt or line of some kind. I couldn't make heads or tails of that, seems like it could be a last name.

I think it's this symbol on the top left of the below chart.

Clues for the origin/date range based on the above marking, no idea what weapon history sites are horseshit or not so feel free to tell me this is fake: https://guns.fandom.com/wiki/Tokyo_Arsenal

Or it's fake, I dunno. It was free. My mom also gave me a pink .38 when she gave me this. She didn't want either anymore.
pretty cool stuff

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 10-04-2022, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like a Arisaka bayonet.

Could be real. A lot of trophies were brought back and old WW2 relics are more common than you'd think. I have a 1932 Mosin Nagant. There's a YouTuber who owns a Japanese Arisaka with hand prints burned into the foregrip due to flamethrower burning.

Pretty gruesome.
Yeesh. I thought if it was real that there was a non-zero chance that this thing had ended at least one person's life... the dates could fit. Not sure how long they stayed around after the battle was over in March 1945. My grandfather always said he fought in Iwo Jima, but that's my dad's dad, my mom wouldn't have kept it just because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That spear is probably illegal to own tbh.
I guess it could be, but I'm not sure if that's a law that would ever really be enforced in the south. What's really fun is getting this thing in your car when you have to move without a truck, I kept thinking I'd have to jam on the brakes for one reason or another and just cut my own skull in half at about nose level.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But fucking badass. Let a motherfucker try to disarm me. He'll get a Wakanda right to the chest bone
Hell yeah.

I too am a spearosexual, Definitely my preferred mode of intercourse.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

I would have to go with my midrange table saw. Makes woodworking so much easier, especially long thin rips for trim. Finished up two bookcases this month for the office.

s-l1600.jpg

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 10-04-2022, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Death objects don't always carry negative vibes. Can be protective. And bring peace. Not all attached spirits might be malevolent..or insane...

Possibly.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

I inherited a Mason sword, it's in the coat closet I think.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeesh. I thought if it was real that there was a non-zero chance that this thing had ended at least one person's life... the dates could fit. Not sure how long they stayed around after the battle was over in March 1945. My grandfather always said he fought in Iwo Jima, but that's my dad's dad, my mom wouldn't have kept it just because of that.
My dad was given my grandpa's M1 Thompson from the war. Until he gave it away because the FBI has a special fine for unregistered fully-auto Thompsons.

I could only imagine what it was like to shoot it. Dad said he would cut wood with it.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Death objects don't always carry negative vibes. Can be protective. And bring peace. Not all attached spirits might be malevolent..or insane...

Possibly.
Have you ever tried to explain this concept to a Latina/Native American? Because I have, and I got nowhere. When I brought that bayonet into the house, she busted out the sage and smudged the whole place.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:37 PM
Banned

nothin personnel kid
Old 10-04-2022, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Don't see why a spear should be illegal. Lots of people own spears, swords, knives, battle-axes, all sorts of medieval weapons and armor. Numerous companies make reproductions. I've used and owned such things myself at times in the past.

Tommy gun, at least to me, was probably the largest let-down I've ever shot. Awesomest gun that I completely hated shooting. It's immensely heavy for a submachine gun, the magazines go in it funny compared to modern guns, the spring is heavy and the cocking handle is too short and the stock is on a queer angle and the entire thing feels strange and wrong trying to line it up to aim at anything. The muzzle climb is awful, probably because of that oddball shape. It's a total spray-and-pray gun. Makes for some really cool photographs though.

Trying to decide on something suitable for this thread. I was quite fond of my Coupe de Ville but it's junk as of a couple weeks ago (both cars wrecked on the same day, life's a jerk sometimes).