Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-12-2022, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Default You can't see words in dreams.

I was in a hospital bed tho. And the door to the room was labeled.

WRATH, like wrath Noonien Singh.

I was tangled in blue blankets. Like the thin disposable ones.. and also normal blankets. And stuck in sleep paralysis. On the 4rth ish floor an airliner was on the runway outside the window.

Somewhere a father, mother, and daughter where in the back of an SUV delivering a plant to the moon they had to make it to the airliner. The plant was designed in the lab labeled WRATH and it was very dangerous when it was fully grown. The baby plant was harmless tho and the daughter played with it. The mission was important to the survival of the planet.

I wasn't in both places, the car was like a memory.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:21 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2022, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

G-d is warning me my words are going to bring about his wrath.

The plant was a vine with small leaves.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

I'll have to think about this. I think it's true though, so much of dreams are just emotions and no one needs words to understand emotions.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:46 PM
Banned

The thing that got me to log in and play p99 again after nearly a year hiatus recently was I had a dream out of the blue where I was playing P99

I was soloing on Enc, the zone wasn’t one I recognized, nor were the mobs. Things were going much better in the dream than they tend to in the game though…

I rarely dream bc I can’t get to REM3 easily due to taking so much caffeine 4 hours before bed, so every dream (even the ultra rare nightmare which I almost never get) is special to me
Old 10-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Banned

Why do you take caffeine before bed?

I would go nuts without dreaming, but I have noticed I remember dreams far less often if I've eaten a lot of THC stuff recently
Old 10-12-2022, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing that got me to log in and play p99 again after nearly a year hiatus recently was I had a dream out of the blue where I was playing P99

I was soloing on Enc, the zone wasn’t one I recognized, nor were the mobs. Things were going much better in the dream than they tend to in the game though…

I rarely dream bc I can’t get to REM3 easily due to taking so much caffeine 4 hours before bed, so every dream (even the ultra rare nightmare which I almost never get) is special to me
Everquest dreams are the best. I created a special zone in my lucid Everquest dreams. It is like combo lake rathe-highkeep.

I agree caffeine is cringe especially at bedtime.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:10 PM
Banned

Dreams are amazing, they're like the most powerful hallucinogen ever. Just the other night I had a dream that I was at a normal campfire, but in the sky the planet mars was closer to the earth than the moon. Earlier that day irl I had been reading about the relative sizes of our solar system's planets and how big they would appear if they were orbiting the earth closely and then boom I get to actually see it.

Of course I grind and clench my teeth really bad during sleep so I also have horrifying dreams sometimes where all my teeth break and I spit them out into a sink, but it's worth it for the cool ones.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

I can't recall a single EQ dream. Sleep is something I hope to be better at but my plate is too full to accommodate that, sadly.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

sup OP, hope all is well. and clean.

you don't "see" or "hear" or "feel" anything at all during dreams.

these are just combinations of neurons firing as your brain mentally digests all the recent information it has recently absorbed.

any sensory type sensation in a dream state is just your brain sorting through and compartmentalizing such info. This is why dreams are never coherent stories that would make sense to the waking world. Its essentially random neuron traffic, which sometimes triggers pathways that handle sensory function, and voila, you have sights, sounds, smells and feelings, while "dreaming"

this is a necessary function of all beings with complex nervous systems, there are processes which must occur, but usually cannot due to the waking mind taking precedent.

You're right, you can't see words in dreams. However, while dreaming, you felt like you "saw" the word Wrath, because some function of your unconscious house cleaning, excited the short term memory pathways where the memory of the sight of the word Wrath was stored.