Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-03-2023, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

idk what else to talk about lol. sleep deprivation has sapped my creativity today [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2023, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk what else to talk about lol. sleep deprivation has sapped my creativity today [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should put on some soothing music and burn some sleepy incense. This thread will be here tomorrow when u get back!

I really like to deprive my senses except for something v harmonius and atmospheric. Use weighted blankets. Instant lights out combined with various styles of meditation.

U can do mindfulness. Or no self (I really like this one. The sky touches the body!) . Or think about your good deeds. Or gratitude.
Last edited by magnetaress; 02-03-2023 at 08:27 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should put on some soothing music and burn some sleepy incense. This thread will be here tomorrow when u get back!

I really like to deprive my senses except for something v harmonius and atmospheric. Use weighted blankets. Instant lights out combined with various styles of meditation.

U can do mindfulness. Or no self (I really like this one. The sky touches the body!) . Or think about your good deeds. Or gratitude.
I'm at my second job, and will be for another few hours. Then there's ~6 hours until I have to be up for my real job lol.

Meditation is some cool stuff. I did a 7-week course (met once weekly) on Vipassana meditation and sat a weeklong at a Shambala place. Vipassana was much better. Metta always good too!

I've never done a not-self meditation, but have heard some sermons about it. Buddhism makes a lot more sense to my brain than all the other religions so far. Really out of practice with the meditation anymore.

What are your religious inclinations?
Old 02-03-2023, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm at my second job, and will be for another few hours. Then there's ~6 hours until I have to be up for my real job lol.

Meditation is some cool stuff. I did a 7-week course (met once weekly) on Vipassana meditation and sat a weeklong at a Shambala place. Vipassana was much better. Metta always good too!

I've never done a not-self meditation, but have heard some sermons about it. Buddhism makes a lot more sense to my brain than all the other religions so far. Really out of practice with the meditation anymore.

What are your religious inclinations?
Judeo-Christian. However. I mostly do research to sate my own curiosity. Gnostic. Diest. Leaning heavily on a great spirit. And many lesser spirits and dieties which either pretend to be the G-d head or vie and fight for worship or just exist to torment human souls and blasphemy the one true G-d.

However. Bhudda never claimed to be a G-d afaik. And I do believe that man can attain enlightenment. Or ascend. Even if it's not entirely Christian. One does not necessarily preclude the other. And I'm all about finding peace and tranquility within this life. I don't fully believe in the self. It's more a frame of reference. The self is as relative as space and time.

I have read a lot of other ppls opinions on Bhuddist stuff. There is great value in that. However. This mind and body personally lacks the memory and intelligence and integrity to fully embody all of the knowledge and teaching. This not withstanding. All of the knowledge is out there and the opportunity to even learn Bhuddas original language and translate.

It's probably not the path that *I* will take. It is However very intriguing.

There is a lot yet to learn and understand until the journey is complete. And time enough in a sense.

I am honestly beginning to see English as a handicap. It's a woefully inadequate language to even begin to attempt to describe... it is sufficient for now. And all that this mind and body is familiar with.

Images. Stories. Songs. Notes. Vibrations. Ideas.. Glyphs. They would probably do better.

Everything is connected. The sun feeds the algae which break the rocks which in turn feeds the plants and fungi. Which in turn feed and feed on the humans. The celestial bodies collide and leave the earths core warm. The oceans rise and fall. Carbon becomes cellulose. Cellulose oil. Oil energy and carbon and plants. Etc.. limited only by the balance and spirit inherent in mankind and the universe. Many believe in their purpose. Do they truly know? The world is exhaling. And the strong are consolidating. The loving are giving. Compassion is an enlighted state of being. Is it just Compassion or true compassion?

This body is not meant to survive and last forever. The glass is already broken. Enjoy the wine while it still pours.

Hardship and adversity have taught this one more than others.

Our sun is connected to the galaxy. The galaxy others. Clusters to voids and on and on. All of this vibrates and sings and communicates in unison and the body within and from. It is possible to feel the stars and for stars to feel the body. And all the collective bodies. On many scales on many lifetimes. The present is born of the past as is the future of the present. One does not simply cease to exist without the others. They are all apart of the same.

This is what is.

The attention goes where it may.

May this be a boon to all that may read and understand 🙏
Last edited by magnetaress; 02-03-2023 at 09:36 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnostic.
hssssssss

Quote:
Everything is connected. The sun feeds the algae which break the rocks which in turn feeds the plants and fungi. Which in turn feed and feed on the humans.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2023, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hssssssss

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to devalue orthodox practices. I'm. Not anti.

Just no longer materialistic.

Nor am I an authority. I am no priest or monk or yogi. Just a heathen in need of structure and teaching. Perhaps blessed by the holy spirit through Peter's direct lineage.

Can't know for sure tho. Can't tell others what to believe either. The meditation works though. And not necessarily blasphemous.

Maybe gnostic is the wrong word.

There are a lot of false G-d's and powerful beings who would pretend.
Last edited by magnetaress; 02-03-2023 at 09:56 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Judeo-Christian. However. I mostly do research to sate my own curiosity. Gnostic. Diest. Leaning heavily on a great spirit. And many lesser spirits and dieties which either pretend to be the G-d head or vie and fight for worship or just exist to torment human souls and blasphemy the one true G-d.
Well that sounds much cooler than basic bitch christianity xD

Quote:
However. Bhudda never claimed to be a G-d afaik. And I do believe that man can attain enlightenment. Or ascend. Even if it's not entirely Christian. One does not necessarily preclude the other. And I'm all about finding peace and tranquility within this life. I don't fully believe in the self. It's more a frame of reference. The self is as relative as space and time.
Yeah the Buddha is not a god. I'm a lot more into the Theravada side of things, which is pretty barebones and lacks a lot of the fun gods and demons and such that you find in Mahayana. Christianity and Buddhism are compatible imo; there are entire books written on the subject. Buddhism's really about limiting your suffering where possible.

Quote:
I have read a lot of other ppls opinions on Bhuddist stuff. There is great value in that. However. This mind and body personally lacks the memory and intelligence and integrity to fully embody all of the knowledge and teaching. This not withstanding. All of the knowledge is out there and the opportunity to even learn Bhuddas original language and translate.

It's probably not the path that *I* will take. It is However very intriguing.

There is a lot yet to learn and understand until the journey is complete. And time enough in a sense.
You're kinda starting to lose me here lol. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand the simple truths of Buddhism.

Quote:
I am honestly beginning to see English as a handicap. It's a woefully inadequate language to even begin to attempt to describe... it is sufficient for now. And all that this mind and body is familiar with.

Images. Stories. Songs. Notes. Vibrations. Ideas.. Glyphs. They would probably do better.

Everything is connected. The sun feeds the algae which break the rocks which in turn feeds the plants and fungi. Which in turn feed and feed on the humans. The celestial bodies collide and leave the earths core warm. The oceans rise and fall. Carbon becomes cellulose. Cellulose oil. Oil energy and carbon and plants. Etc.. limited only by the balance and spirit inherent in mankind and the universe. Many believe in their purpose. Do they truly know? The world is exhaling. And the strong are consolidating. The loving are giving. Compassion is an enlighted state of being. Is it just Compassion or true compassion?

This body is not meant to survive and last forever. The glass is already broken. Enjoy the wine while it still pours.

Hardship and adversity have taught this one more than others.

Our sun is connected to the galaxy. The galaxy others. Clusters to voids and on and on. All of this vibrates and sings and communicates in unison and the body within and from. It is possible to feel the stars and for stars to feel the body. And all the collective bodies. On many scales on many lifetimes. The present is born of the past as is the future of the present. One does not simply cease to exist without the others. They are all apart of the same.

This is what is.

The attention goes where it may.

May this be a boon to all that may read and understand 🙏
lmao namaste
Old 02-03-2023, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well that sounds much cooler than basic bitch christianity xD

Yeah the Buddha is not a god. I'm a lot more into the Theravada side of things, which is pretty barebones and lacks a lot of the fun gods and demons and such that you find in Mahayana. Christianity and Buddhism are compatible imo; there are entire books written on the subject. Buddhism's really about limiting your suffering where possible.

You're kinda starting to lose me here lol. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand the simple truths of Buddhism.

lmao namaste
maybe ur the basic bitch

Quote:
13. Now We consider another abundant source of the evils with which the Church is afflicted at present: indifferentism. This perverse opinion is spread on all sides by the fraud of the wicked who claim that it is possible to obtain the eternal salvation of the soul by the profession of any kind of religion, as long as morality is maintained.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i prefer this take: https://johnpavlovitz.com/2022/12/13...ment-of-jesus/

Already once today I've said here that heaven seems like a very lonely place. If you actually believe all that, doesn't it make you sad that so many of your friends and family members won't be joining you in your eternity with god?
Old 02-03-2023, 10:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Without reading the blog post - just say Jesuits it's faster.

e: nm author is a Lutherist per google. Definitely going to hell.

Quote:
Already once today I've said here that heaven seems like a very lonely place. If you actually believe all that, doesn't it make you sad that so many of your friends and family members won't be joining you in your eternity with god?
My place is purgatory until my sins are paid. You can get to go to there for a bit too, if you can crush on Jesus in this life. Maybe we can hang out sometime.

Good works shorten our time there, it's called temporal remission.
Last edited by aussenseiter; 02-03-2023 at 10:46 PM..