Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-01-2023, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
99% of Americans don’t even know what Persian is. One guy thought I was from Paris once
Thats really funny! A lot of people do and have immigrated to France though. Perhaps they thought you were like 2nd+ generation from France and emigrated to US? It’s like many Patels come from west africa, not direct from the subcontinent. Or maybe they were just plain ignant.

It’s interesting the difference in stereotype for the same person depending on how they are described - i can see why someone would describe themself as a charming sexy Persian instead of risking been seen as any one of the mixed bag of stereotypes they could otherwise get viewed as.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-02-2023, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great taste in whip, those V8 M3s were so satisfying to drive.

My '23 E63 AMG should arrive in April. Its the very last year Benz is doing the twin turbo V8 hybrid assist (603 hp).

I'll be keeping that one for a long time. You won't be able to find big 8s anymore outside of Corvette and a couple others unless you go up to Aston Martin price points.
Damn, that sounds insanely fast. Don’t die man, V8s are unparalleled fun but I can’t imagine how fast that would go these days. That V8 BMW was so much fun to drive but it was 0-60 in like 3.9 or something. What you’re getting sounds insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most sane thing i've read on these forums in a while to be honest. luckily for me my honda prelude only does 120, i'd legit kill myself and others if i had access to a clean m3

God bless Texas indeed, and fuck mustang drivers. vtec yo.
I love VTEC and Hondas / Acuras. You should drive a new civic Si. They’re actually pretty fun and a good value. The type R even more so

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh they know what Persian is. They've seen the movie.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate that movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats really funny! A lot of people do and have immigrated to France though. Perhaps they thought you were like 2nd+ generation from France and emigrated to US? It’s like many Patels come from west africa, not direct from the subcontinent. Or maybe they were just plain ignant.

It’s interesting the difference in stereotype for the same person depending on how they are described - i can see why someone would describe themself as a charming sexy Persian instead of risking been seen as any one of the mixed bag of stereotypes they could otherwise get viewed as.
Iranians are not popular at all right now. It was similar after the hostage crisis. This is a nadir for us as a people. I used to think the US invading Iran would be horrible and dumb but honestly, Iran is so bad right now that it couldn’t get any worse. I hope for the best but I’m not optimistic about the prospects for the future (IE I understand why people dislike Russians, Iranians, and chiense, we are collectively being dickheads)
Old 03-02-2023, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should drive a new civic Si.
i have a 2001 manual honda preude, and daily it. why the fuck would i want something new with abunch of electronic shit in it. i do wish she wasn't so pig fat though compared to the other late 90s models
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a8e3b54j48.jpg (15.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg p99sig.jpg (21.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-02-2023, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

also any of you near 40 yr old boomers want the cool honda before 2 planes flew into some buildings, it's for sell. 4500 no low ballers i know what i got.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

I like AC personally, but you do you