Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-11-2023, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i ordered the DCC book...
Looks good, ngl.
Old 03-11-2023, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems like these boomers tried to take the good parts of old school dnd and modernize them a little bit with a focus on bringing in shitter mmorpg and video game players without making something super stupid like 4e and 5e DnD.

my plan is to run Mystara modules like King's Festival,Queen's Harvest and Castle Amber for friends also if they enjoy the DCC intro lvl 0 funnel stuff and want to keep going
Rolemaster is the One True Gaming System
Old 03-11-2023, 10:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hope this helps !

(also its not on P99 (they should allow two boxing on red 1.0 (not 2.0 (p.s. luclin is a great expansion(I wished the devs finished luclin)))))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNv9nR7QVPk
Old 03-11-2023, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

horses and the bazaar were huge mistakes.

also why turn pvp off in the nexus? really hope whoever made that decision regrets it sorely.
Old 03-11-2023, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

the bazaar makes logical sense from literally every conceivable angle. no matter how you look at it, the bazaar is 100% necessary.

you really wanna shift+up the same green spam for 50 hours a day, only for one douche bag to try to J you down to 115 from 125?

or would you rather allow market economics to determine prices, and sell 50k worth of gear while you sleep?

these people man, i'll tell you what

Old 03-11-2023, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the bazaar makes logical sense from literally every conceivable angle. no matter how you look at it, the bazaar is 100% necessary.

you really wanna shift+up the same green spam for 50 hours a day, only for one douche bag to try to J you down to 115 from 125?

or would you rather allow market economics to determine prices, and sell 50k worth of gear while you sleep?

these people man, i'll tell you what

I think bazaar depresses item prices and makes elves homeless irl.
Old 03-11-2023, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

there are better ways
Old 03-11-2023, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think bazaar depresses item prices and makes elves homeless irl.
that's reason #439 why the bazaar is necessary

market economics: competition is healthy for the economy, 5 people wanna sell an item, the lowest prices will make the sales until the market is depleted of that item, which will raise the price

this is how you know that you're actually getting the best price available when you buy your item, and you don't have to haggle beg and plead for someone to knock 10 plat off so that you can think you got the "better deal"

do you really want 5000 people standing in a field shouting about the stuff they are selling, or would you rather walk into Wal-Mart, pay the lowest available price, and get back to your life?

Another great thing about the bazaar is that it makes price manipulation more difficult, its so easy to drive prices up in EC. I pretty much set the blue circle of shadow price at 50k by myself, i had 21 of them when the nerf hit, started at 70k and other sellers followed suit.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

i've had alot of XP with the takp baz recently, it seems pretty balanced. plat farming is easier on takp and any item for sale in a P99 EC tunnel is cheaper on takp. i mean everything everything.

not sure which items you mean that are 'mooned?'

every now and then you find a single item for sale which has been priced well above what seems reasonable, which the seller can do because theres no others for sale, then you check again later and someone else has the item listed 10x less than the other guy.

ppl gouge prices in EC all the time, I don't know what im not understanding
Old 03-12-2023, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've had alot of XP with the takp baz recently, it seems pretty balanced. plat farming is easier on takp and any item for sale in a P99 EC tunnel is cheaper on takp. i mean everything everything.

not sure which items you mean that are 'mooned?'

every now and then you find a single item for sale which has been priced well above what seems reasonable, which the seller can do because theres no others for sale, then you check again later and someone else has the item listed 10x less than the other guy.

ppl gouge prices in EC all the time, I don't know what im not understanding
I think that's what I mean happens. Buy an item for 1k and another trader lists it at 10k the next day.

It's normal on P99 but it wasn't like that on TAKP before.

Shit was so cheap for years.