Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Aviak

Default Mage pet DMG/HP nerf

This thread is not about mage pets maxed out at 34, which itself is a joke.

Mage pets have been un-classically nerfed in strength overall... they were OP for the first 3 months then patched thereafter.

I think that the unspoken intention was to try to stop zerg raids on Naggy/Vox early on but as we can see this is still happening. Not expecting anyone to come forward and agree with this in an official capacity but that seems relatively obvious at this point.

Could we not now scale mages up to their rightful place given that the rationale for intentionally dialling them down is unwarranted?

I truly appreciate everything P99 staff are doing but at the abandonment of an entire class seems somewhat overly harsh.

Thanks for reading.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Another thread that will be moved to the RnF by the anti magician coalition.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

And btw necro pets also just a shadow of what they were. Sorry i don’t have the time to find documentation those who played back then just know and remember the crazy necro pets destroying with dual fs daggers.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Aviak

This isn't intended to be an RNF post. Just wondering if there is any official response.

If there isn't, and mages will continue to stay "broken" throughout Green, it's less than idela... but it is what it is.

I just wonder if clerics launched without Complete Heal whether there would be an equal amount of silence?
Old 12-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is not about mage pets maxed out at 34, which itself is a joke.

Mage pets have been un-classically nerfed in strength overall... they were OP for the first 3 months then patched thereafter.

I think that the unspoken intention was to try to stop zerg raids on Naggy/Vox early on but as we can see this is still happening. Not expecting anyone to come forward and agree with this in an official capacity but that seems relatively obvious at this point.

Could we not now scale mages up to their rightful place given that the rationale for intentionally dialling them down is unwarranted?

I truly appreciate everything P99 staff are doing but at the abandonment of an entire class seems somewhat overly harsh.

Thanks for reading.
1. Starting off by calling the staff, who you need to make the change you want, out over a different mechanic... probably not a good way to start a bug report.

2. You need actual evidence provided or the staff won't even read your "bug report."

3. You're grossly exaggerating the weakness of mages without pre-nerf pets rather than making a better, actual argument in favor of the change you want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't intended to be an RNF post.
You probably should write an ACTUAL bug report without the ranting or exaggerations then.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Starting off by calling the staff, who you need to make the change you want, out over a different mechanic... probably not a good way to start a bug report.

2. You need actual evidence provided or the staff won't even read your "bug report."

3. You're grossly exaggerating the weakness of mages without pre-nerf pets rather than making a better, actual argument in favor of the change you want to see.

You probably should write an ACTUAL bug report without the ranting or exaggerations then.
Magician don't live into your enchanter world Tecmos, i don't think they have much patience anymore.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician don't live into your enchanter world Tecmos, i don't think they have much patience anymore.
How is any of this relevant to a good bug report?
Old 12-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

You guys could start by posting the proposed max hits that mage pets should be doing versus what they're doing now, at each circle of pet.

If you want to see a change, start by doing the legwork and making it very easy on the people you want to make the changes.

I can't do everything around here ffs.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is any of this relevant to a good bug report?
The bugs are already well documented. I didn't want to cover old ground.

Just merely seeking an understanding on if this is forever. If yes, I'll re-roll. I don't want to hunt in Seb with a 34 pet.

Also would be useful to understand if there will be additional future un-classic additions in future releases? i.e. no COTH or mage epic damage halved.

You may assume that I am leaping here but these are equally unlikely things that before green/teal launched would have been laughed at but have still happened.

My questions are valid, as I don't want to sink days weeks months into a class that is being decommissioned.

I hands down 110% appreciate everything Nilbog is doing. But Id rather underline the progress lost if this is forever, and start again - rather than continue down a road of false hope...

If you are not a mage, you simply will not understand. I mean this with the greatest respect.

EDIT - Dola; I know how much you do here... and really sympathise and appreciate.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't want to hunt in Seb with a 34 pet.

My questions are valid
Lol.
Closed Thread