Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Aviak

Default Directly Connecting to P1999

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but my searches didn't turn anything up.

I'm looking to circumvent the EQemu patcher, is there any file I can modify to directly launch to p1999 when running eqgame.exe?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Banned

by patcher you are referring to the eqemu login server (server-selection screen)? You could try your luck using the p1999 login server. It might show P1999 as the only server.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Project Manager

I've never used a patcher.

At the top of every patch notes thread, there is a direct link for the .zip file.

i.e.
Quote:
This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V25 from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=84589
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamzal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
by patcher you are referring to the eqemu login server (server-selection screen)? You could try your luck using the p1999 login server. It might show P1999 as the only server.

Yes, I dont want the server selection screen, was hoping to launch directly into everquest without having to use EQemu login servers at all.

As of right now I have to launch eqemu, select p1999 and connect. It then it takes 30 seconds to patch every time (what is it patching again and again?) then the app stays open after launching EQ, IMO annoying.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Banned

Sounds like you are using a 3rd party patching program to ensure your EQ file is ready to play P1999. But that is not needed so refer to Nilbogs post.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

The only time I use the EQEmuLauncher is on patch days so I can get the new files; otherwise I just click on my P99 shortcut that is on my desktop.

Follow Step 4 (EQHost File) and Step 5 (Creating a Shortcut) on the EQEmu site. Once you do those two things you can just click the EQ shortcut on your desktop to launch Project99 and bypass the EQEmuLauncher completely.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Aviak

Was the patchme part i was missing, thank you
Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Never used a EQ Launcher program.

To run it manually, you must edit a few .INI files (eqclient.ini), fix Nektulos and Lavastorm files, and grab the latest ZIP and extract to EQ directory. Then, you must create a shortcut for EQGAME.exe (and modify it to never patch).

There is probably a web.archive.org for Project 1999 with old directions, but here's what is on EQEmu:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology