Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Default Sudden Price Inflation?

Is it just me or have prices started sky rocketing lately? I have even seen like 2 people going into the wiki and updating auction prices to show inflation.

It makes me wonder because it is literally the 2 same names that are putting the price higher...

Price gouging or is this a normal trend? Only been here since December but seen items jump up 100% sometimes.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Don't pay what they're asking, pay what it's worth.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

People try to influence system by sitting in EC with a script that auctions items at a higher than usual rate even though they 100% don't intend to sell.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Since the server is going to be virtually static from here on in, it would be a good idea to have a price list with the general range of a "fair" price for items. At least for anything that goes for more than 1K plat or something. How is a new player or someone who hasn't played in years know the "true" value of something?
Old 03-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Wiki needs a longer history, like stocks.

1 day, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, 180 day, 1 year, Max, etc.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Supply and command
Old 03-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Supply and command
I think you mean "Deny and Demand"
Old 03-04-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Not enough plat sinks

Dudes have been grinding plat for 3 years now since Velious came out and are all lvl 60.

More money is avai due to population spike and item demands have risen as the population hit max level to then start alts.

Plat not as valuable as it was a year ago as 100k can still buy a massive range of items thanks to the crazy farmers supply but raid drops raised in prices bc less are being sold due to astronomical zerg #s from a guilds needing to “pixel up” new members.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

The greater amount of plat on the server should only be relevant for items that are not equally increasing in number. Things like beads, CoS, etc. are not increasing in umber, hence you'd expect them to continually increase in price with plat inflation. But this is not true for things like fungi BPs.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The greater amount of plat on the server should only be relevant for items that are not equally increasing in number. Things like beads, CoS, etc. are not increasing in umber, hence you'd expect them to continually increase in price with plat inflation. But this is not true for things like fungi BPs.
Agreed. I still wonder, how much will 2hb monk items spike when triple attack is placed in game.
Closed Thread