Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ground Drop Rot Bonanza!

Hi all.

Had three bags, light burlap sack, bag of sewn evil eye and a regular bagpack filled with monk gear, Robe of Living Fungus, 2x 55 HP rings, Executioners Hood, Cane of Harmony, 2x Wus Trance Sticks, Wus Quivering Staff, GemInlaid Gaunts, KunzarCloak, max agi and sta necklace, str earrings, azure sleeves, some cured silk and some other gear I cannot remember. Made the ground drop, and then it all went to pieces. Connection trouble...Alas, When I came on the monk the bags had rotted.

So what I want to say is that Im quitting EQ because of this now, I just had spent too much time in the tunnels to get this gear... Gave what I had left on my trader, Trademoore away(just a Jarsath trident, GreenJade sword and crafted gloves and some junk, dunno who got it because people were swarming around me, but some of you accused me of lying when I told this in OOC. Hope whoever got the gear can save Trademoore and Muggens rep If I ever return, because its a true story.

Its a warning, be real careful with the ground drop guys, didnt remember they poofed so quick! Good luck to the rest of ya, maybe I wasnt ment to play this game for a second time!

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum!
Last edited by Muggens; 12-09-2014 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Posted in wrong forum
Old 12-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

And no; I am not looking for free gear or plat, but perhaps the post was made to get some sympathy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Better chance that someone happened across your bags and snagged them. Lots of trustworthy people in the tunnel. Should have had someone transfer for you =(
Old 12-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Could not hurt to petition to get your items restored.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Kobold

Lol yea, been on the server for over 4 years and i alway asked random high level guilded in tunnel and alway got my stuff back, taking screenshot befor the trade with the tell asking them and confirmation of them accepting ofcourse, just in case, but never had trouble. Ground drop is just something you shouldnt do.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Banned

Yeah I literally just look around and ask the first person with a raid guild tag. I've never lost an item before. #MySuccessStory
Old 12-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

I sympathize with the OP. I really do. I had a few ground drops go sour on old retail that were quite similar to what you are describing, and it just sucks so hard.

For those new players that the OP is warning about ground dropping and trading to a different character, please follow the listed routine.

1) Don't ground drop. Find someone to trade with that you can semi trust as listed above. Screenshot that you actually have the gear if it's really valuable.
2) If you absolutely must ground drop, make a second account first. Log that second account in, running a naked level 1 to the spot you are going to make the ground drop trade in. Then log back to your primary account.
3) Select a Zone that is both kinda small and has very little player character traffic, and very few roaving NPC's. Zones like Felwithe B (caster area) or Kaladim or Oggok all work great - you get what I mean from these selections.
4) Move both characters on your main account to do the trade, but don't do it yet. Log out.
5) Do a registry cleaning of your computer. Reboot it entirely. Make EQ the only program running when you log back in.
6) Have the primary character make the bag drop, switch to the second character on the account and pick it up.
7) If you have a Game Client error or a very brief ISP burp that makes you lose connection, do NOT panic. Calmly restart the client, and log onto your SECOND account that you made from step 2.
8) Because you are logging in with your second account to rescue your items on the ground, P1999 won't keep you out with a "please wait to log in" error message if your first account is still hanging from the sour disconnect.

And step 9) Trade with someone else, and don't ground twink if your shit is valuable. Yeah, I said it twice. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could not hurt to petition to get your items restored.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all.

Had three bags, light burlap sack, bag of sewn evil eye and a regular bagpack filled with monk gear, Robe of Living Fungus, 2x 55 HP rings, Executioners Hood, Cane of Harmony, 2x Wus Trance Sticks, Wus Quivering Staff, GemInlaid Gaunts, KunzarCloak, max agi and sta necklace, str earrings, azure sleeves, some cured silk and some other gear I cannot remember. Made the ground drop, and then it all went to pieces. Connection trouble...Alas, When I came on the monk the bags had rotted.

So what I want to say is that Im quitting EQ because of this now, I just had spent too much time in the tunnels to get this gear... Gave what I had left on my trader, Trademoore away(just a Jarsath trident, GreenJade sword and crafted gloves and some junk, dunno who got it because people were swarming around me, but some of you accused me of lying when I told this in OOC. Hope whoever got the gear can save Trademoore and Muggens rep If I ever return, because its a true story.

Its a warning, be real careful with the ground drop guys, didnt remember they poofed so quick! Good luck to the rest of ya, maybe I wasnt ment to play this game for a second time!

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum!
I lol'd
Old 12-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

I understand the Lols, and thanks for the sympathy. The reason I did a ground drop wasnt just because I didnt trust anyone... I spent a week or so in tunnels selling warrior gear and aquiring monk gear, so when I was finally done yesterday, I got a port to DL with an Enchanter Gnome a friend of mine has, low lvl about 20. Ran him to Swamp of no Hope(very fitting name for what was about to happen) Ofcourse you know, he is KOS all around so I had to do a ground drop, as the only one in the zone was a lvl 3 monk, who I couldnt trust(Wish I did, would be better if he got it than it just to rot) So, with the delay and all, when the monk came online it was gone, Im sure the lvl 3 monk didnt find it as the Enc was invis hiding in the hills. You think theres a chance of petitioning?
Closed Thread