Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Large Rat

Default How is the pvp?

I was thinking of starting a toon on Red, was curious how life is on that server? Pvp pretty balanced between classes? I played a mage on TZ and there shamana/cleric on Zek. Easy to find groups / guild or should I expect a lot of soloing?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Skeleton

https://vine.co/v/OvzpIUDZa1l
Old 03-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Banned

r99pvp.com

that's how it is any time you check it
Old 03-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

there is none, none over dragons, no skirmishes. basically a blue server with the option to pvp that noone takes.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Aviak

I wont speak to balance but I can tell you the odds of grouping here are very good, no matter what class. Every group member adds to XP so people are apt to invite; even hybrids. Most guilds are happy to have new members and there are several with open recruitment policies.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is none, none over dragons, no skirmishes. basically a blue server with the option to pvp that noone takes.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

PvP so far is pretty limited. And a good part of the kills you see are griefing. Imagine a server where 3 people who want to PvP can control a whole zone, including the officer of one of the largest guilds, and no one comes for retribution. They just /ooc about what a horrible person you are.

Grouping is easy, most of the server just wanted blue without the numbers. Plenty of level 60's with 0 kills and 20 deaths. They accept (and avoid) PvP as the price they pay for empty camps and exp bonus. A few have told me they just want the "option" to PvP in case they need to do something if they have to (specifically bad group mates). Not my thing, but you always need sharks, minnows' and everything in between.

If you like to PvP join up for sure. Could use more people to either stand their ground or come back with a group to kill my brother and I (duo). I don't plug, but I will gate lol.

Of the 250 on in a given night it feels like around 25-30 fall into PvP.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

I see YT going all day long. Those who wish to PVP can find it. Those who don't, on a 250-300 pop server can easily avoid it. I do not do well in PVP but its there...
Old 03-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Averages 1 kill every 4.8 minutes...some of those are guildies preventing an exp death (Holo), a few are people being griefed in Unrest etc.

Considering there seems to be between 125-250 people on at a given time, one kill every five minutes is pretty low....thats a lot of player time not PvPing on a Red server.

TT
Old 03-23-2015, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAPhoenix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Averages 1 kill every 4.8 minutes...some of those are guildies preventing an exp death (Holo), a few are people being griefed in Unrest etc.

Considering there seems to be between 125-250 people on at a given time, one kill every five minutes is pretty low....thats a lot of player time not PvPing on a Red server.

TT
PVP happens without YT all the time dum dum