Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 07:50 PM
Kobold

As in, it makes you upset? Why?
Old 10-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Chardok is the bottleneck atm as I understand it.
The constant item fixes and nerfs after it's release makes it a nightmare to pin down details. There's other weird crap like variable spawn times at certain camps. It's just a mess. Godspeed DB devs
Old 10-15-2018, 11:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cazic Thule revamp would be cool and good
I LOVED this on live and it would be a Perfect fit for "Custom Content"

10 / 10
Old 10-15-2018, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try back in 5-10 years.
back?

...... back?
Old 10-18-2018, 05:06 AM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus204 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why would they post progress about something they never said they were doing?
I always suspected this might be the case but is this really true? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure hope I will still be able to remember things like how to type and use a mouse when Green P99 goes live.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak is busy running H1Z1 and Planetside 2 into the ground at the moment, surprised they actually announced another EQ1 expansion.

Planetside 2 has had a bug for many months where you see a max suit firing continuously. It's not actually firing continuously but they haven't fixed it. They don't fix anything. Apparently the TLP EQ servers have been fairly lawless unless you do something seriously bad.

SOE sold to a bad buyer, that's for sure. Hopefully green makes it one day and we can enjoy the original timeline as intended.
Let's not shift the blame away from SoE. Most people running TheyBreakGames were veteran underlings of people like Smedley running SoE before they went to find a new buyer. And regards to PS2, they immediately nose dived that game within the first year of its launch in 2012-2013. It really is a shame how it was treated because within the first few months it saw substantial use by people and then they fucked it up because SoE/DBG has always been a god damn mess of incompetent stooges that have no place in the game industry.

MandalorianGaming nailed it with this review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBLEP9dK-4o
Old 10-19-2018, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always suspected this might be the case but is this really true? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure hope I will still be able to remember things like how to type and use a mouse when Green P99 goes live.
mmhmm, very true. Nobody ever said there was going to be a green server. years and years ago on a sirken super stream somebody was asking about custom content after velious, and he mentioned a cool idea would be a green server. Now here we are with people asking when this nonexistent server is dropping it... It's not. Have you ever seen somebody on the team talk about it, mention it? Its just a dream of these poor souls who have been trapped on the velious ice for years after a 5 year kunark stretch.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus204 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mmhmm, very true. Nobody ever said there was going to be a green server.
It's literally the entire point of this project. You need to pay attention to dev posts more if you're going to make wild claims like "nobody ever said ..."*

* although as far as I know the staff has never actually called it the "green server" (or the "recycle server" for that matter); they've definitely talked about it though

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:06 PM
Kobold

you have a link or two for these posts i can gander at?
Old 10-19-2018, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Guys I wouldn't hold your breath. It's a volunteer project. How many people in the world are both interested and capable of programming obscure Everquest simulations for 0 pay? Maybe 5, 10 tops. If it does ever happen it will be like 2025 at the earliest.
Closed Thread