Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Kerra island has a lot of wisps. Make sure he has a magic weapon, gloves and boots to ensure he can hit them (if he's melee, caster is obviously no problem).
Old 10-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Kobold

What class is your friend playing?
Old 10-12-2018, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Hi BarackObooma! Are you actually referring to Erud's crossing (rather than Kerra Island)? I totally had the two mixed up back in '99. I don't see any wisps listed on the wiki for the zone labeled Kerra Island.

That said, Erud's crossing is certainly an option as all of the lightstone turn-ins would be nice-- perhaps get him up to level 12 or so and then hand-in backpacks full of stones?

@Leegin, he has installed the game onto his PC but has not chosen a class. There are obviously certain classes that are easier to PL than others-- hah, though we don't plan to push him any direction (we'll let him decide), you have any thoughts on which classes are easier vs harder to PL?
Old 10-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

I normally DS plvl when needed, its just more efficient than FD'ing since it can take ages for a lvl 1-5 to kill a, say, 5% lvl 15 mob.

Also, no wisps in Kerra to worry about.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

I often plug the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in signature) for soloing, but it's also great for duos and trios, and it's full of out of the way places to level up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I often plug the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in signature) for soloing, but it's also great for duos and trios, and it's full of out of the way places to level up.
Have you considered updating this for inflated prices?

Edit: I meant the treasure hunting guide
Last edited by ldgmo; 10-12-2018 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you considered updating this for inflated prices?

Edit: I meant the treasure hunting guide
I have, but honestly it'd be a giant pain in the ass, and then two years from now I'd have to do it all over again.

What I'd really like to do is give the wiki a way to add an item's price to the page (either the way that the current "mouseover and see the item" links work, or the way the item summary list pages work). If it had that I could make the Treasure Hunting Guide display prices that always stay up to date, without any extra work.

But to do something like that I'd need Ravhin-level wiki access AND I'd have to deal with filthy filthy PHP code. Maybe if the former ever happens I'll suck it up and deal with the latter, but until then I'm stuck with manually updating prices (which I just don't have the time for).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi BarackObooma! Are you actually referring to Erud's crossing (rather than Kerra Island)? I totally had the two mixed up back in '99. I don't see any wisps listed on the wiki for the zone labeled Kerra Island.

That said, Erud's crossing is certainly an option as all of the lightstone turn-ins would be nice-- perhaps get him up to level 12 or so and then hand-in backpacks full of stones?

@Leegin, he has installed the game onto his PC but has not chosen a class. There are obviously certain classes that are easier to PL than others-- hah, though we don't plan to push him any direction (we'll let him decide), you have any thoughts on which classes are easier vs harder to PL?
All classes at the low levels are easy to PL. If you're using a monk to PL, any fast ratio weapon will get the job done. If your friend makes a caster, Nobles Walk Staff is basically a Jade Mace. Grab either of those and you're good to go for early PL.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Lavastorm and najena maybe
Old 10-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Kobold

Najena is nice but watch out for casters if the friend gets aggro. I think a lot of the mages ds.

Also with Befallen the key is to fall down the well. I've never ran into a group down there but it's been a couple years since I've power leveled on my druid.

Runnyeye might be an under utilized option but I don't personally have any experience with that zone.
Closed Thread