Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Banned

Want to not be bored? Roll a bard
Old 10-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the lack of responsibility is a huge win for rogue, I agree, but our actual responsibilities were pretty fun.

Let’s not forget rogue ultra invis. I used to be very bad at navigating 3D environments in EQ and not knowing where you’re going was a death sentence in dungeons. I... never knew where I was going. It’d always take me multiple trips to a zone to begin to get it, so perma invis to practically everything was of utmost importance to spatially challenged me, and I also got to take my time and explore everything without being in a rush.

I also love the invisibility because it lets me occasionally play hero and drag my or someone else’s group out of the depths of some horrible place. It’s less fun when it’s on your shoulders to solo / duo drag 30+ people across a zone, but I was good at organizing those so it wasn’t too terrible the many times I had to do that in Hate and Sky and VP. Finding lost corpses in fear which are legally prohibited from giving you a loc was fun game for me.

Always liked lockpicking and pickpocketing hill giants on live was a hoot. Trying to solo on the class everyone says you can’t solo on... and the massive backstabs. Topping the dps charts thanks to my many shaman friends over the years. Yeah, rogue was ok.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-11-2018 at 02:25 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want to not be bored? Roll a bard
I want to but I also don't want early-onset arthritis
Old 10-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

Haha you don’t have to swarm to lvl
Old 10-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

I like cleric because you get to decide who lives and dies

Of all my 60s (ench, mage, druid, cleric) I'd rank enchanter as the most boring to raid on. All you really do is buff. Yea you can CC/slow/blur at times but for the most part you are just there for buffs
Old 10-11-2018, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha you don’t have to swarm to lvl
Well twisting songs causes it too, right?
Old 10-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Skeleton

Back in the day every Cleric I knew, and I mean every single one, always complained about how boring it was to raid and how difficult it was to solo. Most of them were happiest in a single group XPing/AA-ing, but even then it was like a mass exodus of clerics every time there was anything else new to do (EQ2, WoW, DAoC, Conan, etc.).

By the time I quit EQ for the fifth and final time (though even now I am back playing it, in the Emu) most of the Clerics I knew were being run by multiboxers as healbots.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Skeleton

Note: Can't add this to my last post because I'm new here and in "posts must be reviewed" stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most boring class depends on playstyle/personality etc.
To me rogue and wizard are most fun. I wouldnt even consider making a say...enchanter
I knew a chanter in the early PoP days. He was busily charming guards in one of the early zones of the expansion, and frequently had troubles when the aggro'ed mob would suddenly get a lucky burst of deeps against his charmed mob, taking it out and then turning on him. I joined up with him and added my (Druid) snare and DoTs and we had a ball.

So what does this all mean? It's not about the class, it's about who you play with. If you're having fun, that's all that matters.

P.S.: I love my Druid. Not my 1st character ever, but my 1st over level 7. Kept playing her from beta until some time in VoA. Most everyone seems to rag on druids, but one thing they never are is boring. Especially when you just got the raid evacuate AA and bound it to some easy-to-accidentally-hit key just as everyone was setting up for a new PoP flag.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:42 AM
Kobold

Depends on your setup, it's not so bad if your hotkeys are good.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric. Hate idea sitting there medding just to keep healing and buffing others. Tried leveling one of em twice, got sick of it at early 20s both times.