Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try back in 5-10 years.
^
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Perfectly topical quote from Nilbog*
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has an actual dev ever even said anything about a green server?

This seems like one of those things that players speculated about so much that it started to become something a lot of people think is for sure coming when there is no evidence.
years ago sirken mentioned the idea of a green server on his stream, and the masses ran with it...

that server is just around the corner guys, hang on!!
Old 10-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Orc

I’m more interested in when Chardok will drop. I took a break for a year and upon returning I thought, surely the revamp will be out by now. Nope.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Aviak

Have the Devs even given a remote idea about when Green or ever Chardok will drop?
Old 10-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have the Devs even given a remote idea about when Green or ever Chardok will drop?
They took seven years to complete Velious. If you do some math on the number of zones in Velious vs. the number of zones involved in the revamp ...

... and then factor in that changing existing content is harder (or at least figuring out how it works is harder, since there's so much other information about the other version of the zone to wade through) ...

... and then factor in that the devs may have burned themselves out on Velious and are doing Chardok 2.0 more slowly ...

... and then factor in that the devs probably have lots of stuff of stuff "on the back burner", and that they may well delay Chardok 2.0 to get some of that stuff done first ...

... then you'll have at least "a remote idea" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They took seven years to complete Velious. If you do some math on the number of zones in Velious vs. the number of zones involved in the revamp ...

... and then factor in that changing existing content is harder (or at least figuring out how it works is harder, since there's so much other information about the other version of the zone to wade through) ...

... and then factor in that the devs may have burned themselves out on Velious and are doing Chardok 2.0 more slowly ...

... and then factor in that the devs probably have lots of stuff of stuff "on the back burner", and that they may well delay Chardok 2.0 to get some of that stuff done first ...

... then you'll have at least "a remote idea" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, never?
Old 10-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Saw Green Server in thread title.

Came for the Loramin replies.

Left satisfied. Carry on!
Old 10-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, never?
nobody ever said there was going to be a green server, somebody said it would be a cool idea to think about years down the road, and it was said pre-velious.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So, never?
Well, they completed Velious didn't they? And presumably even with all the factors I accounted for, Chardok 2.0 still won't take longer than Velious.

So I'd say < 7 years for Chardok 2.0, which is certainly better than never. As for Green, there are still minor patches after Chardok 2.0 that need completing, plus that backburner stuff I mentioned, but I think 1-7 years after Chardok 2.0 is released is a good estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saw Green Server in thread title.

Came for the Loramin replies.

Left satisfied. Carry on!
I aim to please!

Closed Thread