Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is boiling down to defensive rito tov newbies claiming there's some exclusive challenge in tov they have mastered. The rooted meta takes time not skill. Offtanking an add isn't that hard! If you can't see what littul is saying then you have never experienced the joy of late night low numbers kills in ent pull metas. Now those dragons just go to the megazerg. Rip competition. Sorry this casual but time consuming meta has been the one that brought the biggest percentage of the server into tov. Its not as memorable as other metas nor as exciting.
If there's no skill in rooted meta, where's the skill in non-rooted meta? I don't get how some people prefer foot races over rooted dragons, the only reason i can think of is fast free pixels. If you think competition is all about foot races you should play Track&field.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is boiling down to defensive rito tov newbies claiming there's some exclusive challenge in tov they have mastered. The rooted meta takes time not skill. Offtanking an add isn't that hard! If you can't see what littul is saying then you have never experienced the joy of late night low numbers kills in ent pull metas. Now those dragons just go to the megazerg. Rip competition. Sorry this casual but time consuming meta has been the one that brought the biggest percentage of the server into tov. Its not as memorable as other metas nor as exciting.
Yeah time to play if you like that. People argue this game requires no skill, there was a thread about it. Rooted takes no skill and pulling dragons takes no skill, its just fluff. Big zerg or small numbers requires no skill since the game doesn't, or at least that is how its argued by those skilled in commenting. There is no competition. The low numbers killing only means you have a greater chance at loot, pixel addiction. You are looking to get your fix quick and easy.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2019, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not just unwanted aggravation for pixels. The rooted dragon mechanic is just not classic Everquest. Neither is foot racing. Requiring guilds to tank several mobs (flurries included) AND killing ToV dragons at the same time has killed most small guilds. We implemented a change that requires more people than any meta p99 has ever experienced when the server is experiencing a possible downswing.

Even without the server competition, the mechanic requires 100s of people to play the game. Now, nobody has a shot unless you have 70+ and can fight multiple things at once. At least before, a team of 30-40 (AG for example) could park a mage, an FTE puller, and at least have a chance at any target in the game (which is classic btw).

Now? forget about it.

We used mages on live and there were several safe spots in North wing to park them. Though they were different than the locations we use today, the dragons were PULLED, and all pulls were kept inside north wing. Everything besides Ikatar and Eashan. This was due to PC power at the time, but everything stayed in north because of it and it worked. Guilds could naturally progress in the zone.

But instead, we went from wanting to implement a rotation (to help the little guys), to rooting dragons (that only helps the big guys). Basically from one extreme to the next. This has created a vacuum that has killed roughly 25-50% of the smaller guilds on the server.

And before anyone argues that the "raid scene" is only a small portion of the server and that this has been a "positive" change, please explain why half the guilds have fallen apart since this change has occurred.

Its time to unroot the dragons.
Lotta talk about what people did in classic during velious. If you are that leet then you can overcome this one. Best of luck.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesclandre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there's no skill in rooted meta, where's the skill in non-rooted meta? I don't get how some people prefer foot races over rooted dragons, the only reason i can think of is fast free pixels. If you think competition is all about foot races you should play Track&field.
There was amazing play making capabilities in the pull era.

You can still make plays now, but it’s not on the same scale. Raid leading is probably the most important “skill” now.

A lot of people, like the old rustle crew, obviously would prefer foot races over rooted dragons. Because they had great FTErs, and could bring their 30-40 person guild to tov to kill targets. They had to disband after we moved away to foot races.

Nothing was fast or free about that.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Banned

You said the skill word. I wonder if the same top quality members of society are going to come outta the woodwork and tell you how you are so very wrong.

This isn't Starcraft or Quake..
Old 07-23-2019, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Me and my 200 closest friends, only 20% of which can even run through north door without training the raid, who don't remember past rooted dragons would like you to get good and adapt! Lmao nerds
Old 07-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Me and my 200 closest friends, only 20% of which can even run through north door without training the raid, who don't remember past rooted dragons would like you to get good and adapt! Lmao nerds
This cheezburger is mine!

Old 07-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

why can't you clear the trash before engaging the dragon? 🐉

Old 07-23-2019, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Make all dragons invulnerable before trash is dead 2019
Old 07-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said the skill word. I wonder if the same top quality members of society are going to come outta the woodwork and tell you how you are so very wrong.

This isn't Starcraft or Quake..
Welp, idk if you’ve heard or not, but I’m a seasoned gamer bruh.

This is the first mmorpg I’ve raided seriously. The reason it enticed me was due to how insane pulling to zone was.

I was a pro counter strike player. Sponsored and all that. In fact, I was sponsored to go to a lan next month in Texas. Im still pretty good.

I was a 4K+ player in Dota 2 back when that was very very high, beta+ just after release. Semi pro level HoN player. Played high level halo 2 when I was like 14. Top 2% age of empires 3. (never could get into Starcraft)

So id say id have decent authority to judge what takes skill in a video game or not.

I also has career and women