Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-14-2022, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Either server are fine and can provide a fun and (mostly) classic experience. YMMV depending on how in the weeds classic you are looking for, but these servers offer the closest thing.
Old 12-15-2022, 06:50 AM
Fire Giant

If you really want to group, it's not enough to put on the LFG tag and hope for the best. You need to be more active. For example, look for other players around your level close to your zone and ask them if they want to group. Or try to join a leveling guild and ask in guild chat. /ooc in zone that you are LFG.

I know it can be hard to find people to group and simply putting up LFG most of the times isn't enough.
Old 12-20-2022, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Try Red99 if you don't want anything worth camping already camped all the time.

Power leveling is free. Prices aren't out of hand for droppables, and you'll be valued more as a player and not just a number. FTE is replaced by PVP, and variance doesn't exist for raid content. Meaning you'll raid at consistent times, if you're into that kinda thing. Also /ooc is global so finding a group and setting stuff up with strangers isn't limited to just the zone you're currently sitting in and hoping for the best.
Old 12-20-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

honestly at this point blue

lots of folks will just give you the trash rotting on their mules...and good mid-level gear is very cheap these days
Old 12-20-2022, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Ya Definitely blue, green is same but worse ui and weird bugs where hotkeys disappear /nod
Old 12-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Cool

If you want super good friendships and to always group, you need to try a leveling guild for <Perdition> on red99.

These people will have your back and will gently help teach you the basics of PVP as needed in no time and love having a new player to group with all the time. (They can probably have a epic cleric bot rez you back up in no time if you do get Pvp killed, not to mention their handy porter alts.)

Red is niche of the niche as you can see by its low population BUT there is a MASSIVE exp bonus when you are grouped with several people or more. You will AVOID uncountable lines or passive agressive fights over camps and loot mobs. You will have people that truly want to see you thrive and group with you constantly/see you advance and someday hope to have you around to kill all the gods and dragons with you.

I may have some haters on here or just be very unknown here but I am 100% sharing a truth many green/blue players refuse to believe in or just aren't aware of. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TIP: Find a Perdition officer on here or Discord or join their Discord server asap if or when you'd like to see how lovely and fun grouping all the time with cool bros and pals who have your back and are happy to teach any and all PvE and PvP basics with you if you have any questions or anxieties about the PvP element. You wont regret it if you make good allies on Red99 to level up with! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2022, 03:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya Definitely blue, green is same but worse ui and weird bugs where hotkeys disappear /nod
I believe green is at a state now where you can use the same custom UI that you do on Blue and the hotkey issue has been corrected.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:28 AM
Aviak

GO GREEN!

It's not even close.

I recently abandoned quite a few characters on blue that I've been working on for YEARS to start over with nothing on Green. Why? Because Blue leveling scene is absolutely deader than shit. Meanwhile, on green, I'm having zero trouble finding groups at low/mid level areas.

The whole EQ experience suffers MASSIVELY when you can't get groups anywhere. Apart from raiding/end game dungeons, Blue is basically dead.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant

I’ve been on Blue for over 13 years and haven’t played a non-twinked toon in well over 10. I decided to finally hop over to green and give it a shot and I’m having a blast. I’m having a heck of a time finishing my last level on my Rogue on blue because groups are just so hard to come by. Last night I spent 3 hours grouping in blackburrow on green, made it to level 11, made some friends etc.

I’d say green is the place to be. I play blue primarily, but as someone else said, it’s because I’ve been there so long and I’m already established there.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:44 PM
Banned

green or red

red if u want to solo and occasionally talk to ppl in ooc and chill in guild chat

green if u want to spend a year getting simple stuff done or if u just want to make a bunch of alts and rp with ppl in a social setting