Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-08-2023, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno this is where I would end a server tho. Maybe give pop AA's or something, would that be too powerful?
Imagine being trapped in Luclin with Greenmist and iksar monk/necro/shaman bracers skullcaps and hammers forever.
Old 12-09-2023, 12:17 AM
Banned

Well I would itemiz the game ddifferently )
Old 12-11-2023, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not a bad idea actually
Yeahd does sound kinda cool. Especially if you randomized it and just said "certain mobs in certain zones have a chance to drop it" and let people try to go out and find where it's dropping
Old 02-18-2024, 09:03 AM
Large Rat

This is all making me feel fortunate I got to play during the Golden Age of MMOs - after the implementation of 3D graphical interfaces, but before every last detail of everything was spoiled on the Internet in beta.

It was just you and whatever friends you could make during your adventure, trying to figure out a world of mystery and wonder.

I'd be baffled as to how to reproduce that experience today.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:19 PM
Banned

New red would be awesome. Especially if they merge old red green and blue into one.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Toxic" in everquest just means a thing happened and I don't like it.
Officially, for EQ, it's considered as inappropriate behavior/being in violation of the Rules of Conduct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what version of everquest people remember where all the raid guilds totally got along and were full of fine upstanding gentlemen. It never existed.
There are archived forum threads where multiple classic guilds openly rotated planar zones and only the occasional disagreement/misunderstanding took place which was quickly resolved by leadership. While not a PVE utopia, it existed.

Quote:
The only example of behavior in an mmo where I think "toxic" is actually the right word for it was vanilla UO, where people would grief with the sole intent of driving you off the server for good. You just can't really do stuff like that in EQ.
Phaezed-Reality, Greengrocer, Sinful Desires, <Holocaust>, whatshisface who DDOSed the server for weeks/months.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2024, 05:19 PM
Aviak

Right, I'm talking about right now though. People *still* call the raid scene on p99 "toxic", even though it is relatively non-toxic compared to the examples you're citing. So yeah, I guess it has some utility if you reserve it only for the most extreme exceptions.

DDoS attacks are obviously against the rules btw, my point about UO is that it was completely within the mechanics of the game and specifically not against the rules to grief people off the server. It should have been, because that game was ruined by the introduction of trammel\felucia which was essentially instancing for UO.

Toxicity is better than instancing if you're a p99-minded dude is all I'm saying.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sorry you didn't get a manastone.

Better luck next server.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Large Rat

no
Old 03-03-2024, 11:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgiabait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is all making me feel fortunate I got to play during the Golden Age of MMOs - after the implementation of 3D graphical interfaces, but before every last detail of everything was spoiled on the Internet in beta.

It was just you and whatever friends you could make during your adventure, trying to figure out a world of mystery and wonder.

I'd be baffled as to how to reproduce that experience today.
All the stuff was still spoiled in beta, it's just far fewer people playing back then.
Not to mention in a lot of cases, you had closed beta's. With NDA's in place about the information, so you really had to dig to find the info on social groups.