Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 03-13-2024, 07:20 PM
Aviak

Stridar,

Welcome back to the game you love. We're all here for you. Most of the people have given great advice so far. So I'm going to add my bit.

I started on Green a couple of months ago and I'm loving every minute of it. My decision process was affected by my desire to have people to group with. Given that Blue was the more matured server, I reasoned that Green would have more lowbies. All servers though have been affected in some way by Quarm but I'm seeing lots of low level characters on Green in all the usual places, and the server pop seems reasonable so I'm happy with that choice. I totally respect the decision others have made (of course) but I am happy with Green.

However, while grouping is available in most places on Green, I found it a bit hit and miss in certain areas. Mainly due to the speed at which lowbies can level through them I think. I enjoy soloing so don't mind the gaps but I'm also pleased there are plenty of opportunities to group if you want, mainly around 20 upwards, which is probably fine.

My best experiences for grouping were the Oasis of Marr, Unrest, Mistmoore and City of Mist. I tend to take my time so that's probably a good measure of my progress so far.

In terms of economy, I find green to be pretty lively, there's always "out of hours" items that you can track down using non-classic Tunnel Quest on Discord. Very handy if you are looking for something and the EC tunnel is not at its optimal when you are online. This is on both servers.

Similarly, with boats you will be using them early on so take a look at the Captains Table on Discord with boat timings.

Guilds, I was leary of joining a guild at first but then I got lonely. Initially, I just thought I wanted that background buzz of guild chat. But then I realised I wanted a bit more than that as I recognised that despite my advanced years and vast, worldly experience I actually knew nothing. So I joined a great guild that caters for all levels and has great ethos.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy your time in P99, whatever server you join.

Best,
Old 03-14-2024, 12:42 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtorps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stridar,

Welcome back to the game you love. We're all here for you. Most of the people have given great advice so far. So I'm going to add my bit.

I started on Green a couple of months ago and I'm loving every minute of it. My decision process was affected by my desire to have people to group with. Given that Blue was the more matured server, I reasoned that Green would have more lowbies. All servers though have been affected in some way by Quarm but I'm seeing lots of low level characters on Green in all the usual places, and the server pop seems reasonable so I'm happy with that choice. I totally respect the decision others have made (of course) but I am happy with Green.

However, while grouping is available in most places on Green, I found it a bit hit and miss in certain areas. Mainly due to the speed at which lowbies can level through them I think. I enjoy soloing so don't mind the gaps but I'm also pleased there are plenty of opportunities to group if you want, mainly around 20 upwards, which is probably fine.

My best experiences for grouping were the Oasis of Marr, Unrest, Mistmoore and City of Mist. I tend to take my time so that's probably a good measure of my progress so far.

In terms of economy, I find green to be pretty lively, there's always "out of hours" items that you can track down using non-classic Tunnel Quest on Discord. Very handy if you are looking for something and the EC tunnel is not at its optimal when you are online. This is on both servers.

Similarly, with boats you will be using them early on so take a look at the Captains Table on Discord with boat timings.

Guilds, I was leary of joining a guild at first but then I got lonely. Initially, I just thought I wanted that background buzz of guild chat. But then I realised I wanted a bit more than that as I recognised that despite my advanced years and vast, worldly experience I actually knew nothing. So I joined a great guild that caters for all levels and has great ethos.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy your time in P99, whatever server you join.

Best,
Love the info and I know whichever server I start on will be full of great people.

I know starting out is going to be slow. Thinking I’ll do the first eight in Kelethin and then head to EC to farm chips and belts for some decent starter gear and then back to Crushbone and then sisters.

That may get me around twenty? I’ll probably start grouping from there and maybe looking for a guild.

I need to figure some things out first.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stridar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love the info and I know whichever server I start on will be full of great people.

I know starting out is going to be slow. Thinking I’ll do the first eight in Kelethin and then head to EC to farm chips and belts for some decent starter gear and then back to Crushbone and then sisters.

That may get me around twenty? I’ll probably start grouping from there and maybe looking for a guild.

I need to figure some things out first.
just use /who all to find people your level to group with if tired of solo

say you're level 15

"/who all 12 18" will give you everyone (thats not anon) within 3 levels of ya.

Can also give you some intel on where people at your level are grouping.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Gnorest gnome enchanter on Green