Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-26-2022, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Reading the patchnotes it’s evident that they have a new server in mind. The fact that they’re now also implementing changes to the hate system suggests to me that they have a few things to achieve before a new server rolls out.

Some speulate we’ll see a new server in spring to match the original release schedule. It could also be years away or never happen.

Most believe it’ll be a new standard server (PvE) whilst a vocal few believe it’ll be a PvP server.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:22 AM
Banned

No

G-d willing they shut this project down and someone uses the real eq classic code to launch red 2.0
Old 12-27-2022, 02:59 PM
Large Bat

Hello,

I think it is a pitty to split the comunity across multible servers but i do see fresh servers being in demand.
I think if we are going to do fresh servers every so often eventualy merging them to a home server like blue is a great idea as it means you can roll a new class each time a new server is out knowing it will eventualy join the rest of your charicters on a home server.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

The original plan was to merge blue to green when it hits terminal status.

If P99 team is going to make any new servers, it would make sense to give another swing at a PVP server to allow Green players to enjoy their riches and the ones who are already tired of green to try PVP style where lines and lines and /petition disputes are of a different nature and 80% more items are worth using in the game, as well as spells.

Then depending on how successful Red 2.0 is, blue 3.0 would launch next.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think is ridiculous to have TLPs on p99 LOL. I guess some hardcore players need their race to wake the sleeper fix every few years. Will it ever be a static caped p99 server with no dumping from other servers?? this is dumping players and starting over it is IMO crap. Just have one server with a lifespan of about 3 to 3.5 years then erase all players and make them start again. No saving the characters or dumping them on a static server. What will happen when a player exceeds the character slots on the static server? May as well earse and reapeat. No saving. Also no influx of plat into old server.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

Bruh its not happening. you might get a muffin vendor fix in 2025 if that tides you over.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:48 AM
Orc

I will wait for more details. I'm of the opinion that new and old are equally good, I enjoy the game a lot
Old 01-06-2023, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragontx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just have one server with a lifespan of about 3 to 3.5 years then erase all players and make them start again. No saving the characters or dumping them on a static server. What will happen when a player exceeds the character slots on the static server? May as well earse and reapeat. No saving. Also no influx of plat into old server.
I doubt plat influx would be a significant problem.

I remember when WoW launched in 2004. 2004-2006 saw the beginning of server consolidations.
Old 01-06-2023, 07:00 AM
Large Bat

I think we might need to have new seperate accounts for each new server to prevent us running out of charicter slots.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

considering blue was launched was like a virgin on prom night and green was launched like a pedarast being paroled. im affraid to imagine what a new server launch looks like. assuming the player behavior is remarkedly worse than a pedarast at a parole hearing.