Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sktank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you search "spell files" or "patch notes" you will see quite a few people couldn't find them. I asked several people in game and they responded "it should be on the home page I think.."
If the patch notes were easier to find there would actually be less hand holding
On the one hand, I agree (and most people in this forum would probably agree) that the front page of project1999.com isn't perfect. As a former web designer myself, I would not give it an A+.

But at the same time, the staff have built not one but two servers. They constantly maintain those servers with a dedicated all volunteer research/coding team AND a GM/guide team. They also built a wiki and a forum (which also has unpaid moderators), and they're constantly working on new things like Twitch streams, a PvP teams server, and a recycle server. Oh, and there's that Velious thing too.

Asking even one of those many, many volunteers to put in even a single minute more of their time so that it's (even) easier to play on their 100% free server is ... well let's just say you should keep some perspective. Especially when it's not that hard to get the files; after all the (literally) thousands of players that came before you all managed to figure it out.

Plus, Project 1999 has issues sometimes, from DDOS attacks to corrupted files to people who act like jerks. Figuring out how to get the spell files, or politely ask for help to get them, is like a trial you need to go through to prove that you can handle those issues when they come up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-27-2015 at 07:55 PM..
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sktank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh hey look we have a negative nancy that joined the conversation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. You would be suprised how many people don't know where to find the latest patch notes other then the home page. People who play every day won't have this issue cuz they download the files the same day it's patched but returning players often don't know where to look. If you search "spell files" or "patch notes" you will see quite a few people couldn't find them. I asked several people in game and they responded "it should be on the home page I think.."
If the patch notes were easier to find there would actually be less hand holding
If you search "Patch notes" the patch notes are the 8th link down...........
Old 04-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

just chiming in here to say tha ive been in the same situation - cannot find the latest patch. then even going to the "News and Annoucement" section wasnt bullet-proof because people were still commenting on older patch notes, thus bumping old patches to the top of the list, and the current patch gets burried under old patches (and no way to even tell which is the latest... or if theres a newer one pushed down the list somewhere...). it is pretty pathetic now that i think about it. would it frgging kill you to put a link on the home page to the LATEST (ALWAYS LATEST) patch ??